67 Eldest Miss Has Returned (1)

Hu Jiayi stealthily carried Wu Xingxie back to her chambers. At the moment, a restless Yuyan and Wu Xuan were waiting in another room.

They didn't know if Wei had found her yet so both were anxious to the core.

Sizheng wanted to tell them not to worry but as he was unable to speak, he could only keep silent while sharing their worries. Wu Xingxie has always treated him with utmost kindness so he naturally respected her.

Especially when he knew that she was avenging his late master despite the murderer being her own father. For a 6 year old boy, he was more intelligent than other children his age so he acted very mature. He never complained nor had tamper tantrums and appreciated what she has done for him.

While Yuyan was mumbling inaudible stuff to herself, Sizheng heard a shuffling noise come from next door. It was clearly Wu Xingxie's room so perhaps, she came back?

Not wanting to wait, he stood up and opened the door. The other two saw his actions and called out but he didn't stop, continuing to the Eldest Miss's room.

When he finally reached the door, Sizheng knocked on it first. He didn't want to interrupt her if she was doing something important.

Wu Xuan and Yuyan had followed so they both glanced at each other.

"Sizheng, is the Eldest Miss back?" Yuyan asked the younger male who didn't respond right away.

Sizheng held on to the door and pushed it open. It didn't seem to be locked so someone had to be in there.

"Jie!" Wu Xuan called out, alerting Hu Jiayi who quickly hid under the bed. Thankfully, there was a cover on the side where people would be standing so they wouldn't find him.

The three youngsters walked in and felt deeply reassured when they saw Wu Xingxie on the bed. She was asleep so Yuyan shushed them not to make a noise as she crept closer to have a better look.

Under the bed, Hu Jiayi was trying hard not to make a sound.

Yuyan thought she was hallucinating but it really was her Eldest Miss, except she was wearing odd clothing.

Yuyan nearly bursted into tears of joy when she saw Wu Xingxie.

"The Eldest Miss has returned." She beamed even though it was literally one day.

"Let's go back. Jie is probably sleeping because she's tired and needs rest." Wu Xuan suggested which the other two agreed.

After they left and completely shut the door, Hu Jiayi crawled out his hiding spot and stood by the bed.

He looked down at the female and took a seat by the edge of her bed. He gently caressed her hair, moving them away from her pale face.

He found himself smiling to himself. This was the first time he's gotten a good close look at her.

"You're beautiful in my memories but now, I see that it doesn't matter." He stated in a low, calming voice.

No matter what, I will definitely find a way to get you out of this predicament.

Hu Jiayi vowed in his heart before he reluctantly left.

***
In an unknown place, all that filled the surroundings were pitch black.

No source of light could be seen as the darkness dominated the place.

However, in the darkness stood two females.
Both were identical in looks except for their differences in height and demeanor.

The younger version of Wu Xingxie looked around, trying to find a sort of light to help her see but it was like she wasn't moving at all.

No matter how much she walked, she was always in the same exact spot.

It was the same for the older Wu Xingxie. She remembered resting by the tree and losing her consciousness so where was she?

She tried to use magic, but it didn't seem to work. It was as if her magic was all lost.

Only when she stood still and focused did she manage to see someone else.

However, her eyes opened large when she saw who it was. It was no doubt her, but the younger her. To be more precise, it was 16 year old Wu Xingxie.

"You..." Both blurted at the same time.

They stopped and stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity.

The older Wu Xingxie ended up breaking the silence as she questioned,
"Are you mad I used your body? Even though you are me."

The younger Wu Xingxie shook her head.

"Why would I be mad? In fact, I should thank you. If not for you, I would have never known those horrible events I would have to experience five years from now on."

The older Wu Xingxie glanced right right into her own eyes. It was like a reflection of herself but this was no mirror.

"Those events were caused by the Wu family. They killed my brother, Yuyan and tried to assassinate me. I came back for revenge and I won't stop." Older Wu Xingxie declared confidently.

Younger Wu Xingxie remained silent but then she pursed her lips to say something.

"I understand you've experienced it for yourself. However, I have not, so I will not say I understand how you feel because I don't."

*****
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

I know a lot of you guys are confused and that's ok because everything will fall into place. You don't get the answers just like that, it's too boring.

Fun fact about me: My Ultimate Bias is Youngjae from Got7.
Who's yours if you have one?