Chapter 35:

Emily laid on her bed, staring at the ceiling blankly with wearing Stiles' plaid shirt

Emily laid on her bed, staring at the ceiling blankly with wearing Stiles' plaid shirt. It was one of the few items he had left in her house that held his scent. After Void Stiles disappeared last night, there was no point in going searching for him since he obviously only needed them to protect him from the oni and since they disappeared, he didn't need them anymore.

As much as she wanted to go looking for him, the Sheriff had sent her home to get some sleep. She hadn't wanted to argue with him since he was also looking tired.

It had been hard for her to sleep since she had grown accustomed to sleeping next to Stiles and only managed to get a few hours of sleep. It also didn't help that she could hear Malia's walking around in her room across the hall. It seemed like even the werecoyote was having a hard time adjusting to her new home.

Her mind drifted to what Scott let slip before she had come home last night. Apparently, the shugendo scroll said that the only way to save Stiles was to turn him. Scott told her that if Stiles was going to turn into a supernatural creature that it was probably better for her to turn him if it came down to it. It wasn't like she didn't think about that possibility herself.

But could she really take away that choice from Stiles.

She would because she was selfish and didn't want him to die. So, yes, she would turn him in a heartbeat if it meant him being alive. Although, if there was another option other than turning him then she would choose that. Because, as much as she loved Stiles and he loved her, she knew that deep down that it wasn't something he wanted.

He was born human and he'd prefer to stay that way. She had done her best to not think about the future because Stiles would grow old eventually and she would stay the way she was forever. Or as long as forever lasts for her. She was technically immortal and being around Stiles, it had been the first time she had ever felt envious of humans. There was no cure for vampirism and she wouldn't turn Stiles if she could help it.

Which is why she had come up with a plan for her future and Stiles future. As hard as it was for her, there would come a day where she and Stiles would go their separate ways. The only thing that comforted her was that neither of them would be hurt in the process and he would never know the truth.

Because as selfish as she was, she loved Stiles too much to take away his choice.

oOo

Once she got the call from Lydia that she and Aiden had found Stiles, she had immediately gotten into her car and drove towards the McCall household. She arrived quickly, getting out of her car and headed inside. She walked in just as they were setting Stiles onto the couch and she stood by Lydia who sent her a small smile.