ғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴍ

It was the week before 9th grades prom and obviously everyone was buzzing. It wasn't a big thing as it wasn't the main prom but I hadn't been asked by Finn yet. I mean not to sound like a brat but I would've thought he'd ask by now.

Everyone was sat at our usual lunch table for lunch. I was sat between Georgia and Finn.

"I can't wait till prom!" Millie squeeled. "I just don't know who
I'm gonna go with."

"I can't wait either." Jack clapped.

"How can you let be so excited over a dance?" Finn chuckled. "I refuse to go to this prom."

"Why?" I snapped. "Please Finn! For me!"

"No, y/n. I hate dancing." Finn took a sip of his drink.

"Great, so who am I gonna go with?" I sighed.

"I have no one to go with. I mean we could go as friends." Georgia insisted.

"Thanks, Gee." I hugged her.

Finn was quiet for the rest of the lunch.

Finn's pov

Fuck sake. Y/n's going to this prom thing with Georgia. I mean what can I say? I hate dancing. I have 0.5% experience in it. I think you would know by now. Jack, Sophia and I were walking to technology class when Jack decided to talk about the one thing I didnt.

"So you're not taking your girl to prom?" Jack asked.

"Fuck the prom. I don't give a shit about it. Y/n seems to though so if she wants to have fun good on her." I sighed.

"Oh my god Finn." Sophia rolled her eyes. "Y/n loves prom. And I'm sure she wants you to ask her. But no, you only care about yourself!"

"Not true." I took a deep breath. "It's just pointless. All it is is crappy dancing and weird cocktails. So I'd have saved myself to miss out on that."

Sophia turned the other way.

"Where are you going?" Jack asked.

"I just can't listen to Finn make a fool of himself." Sophia blurted and then ran off and took the long way to tech class.

"Finn, you've fucked up." Jack pointed out.

"You don't think I know that?" I rolled my eyes. "Look I said no. Y/n's going with Georgia anyway."

"Hm." Jack looked like he was thinking about something. "I think I have a plan dude."

He gave me that awful face he does when he has something ridiculous to say. Well this won't go very well.

Y/n's pov

"I can't believe he won't take you to prom." Millie frowned. "I mean he's your own boyfriend."

"Yeah well atleast I'm going with Georgia." I smiled.

"Anyways, What are you gonna wear?" Millie jumped up and down.

"I'm going after school to look for a dress."

"Can I come?" Millie asked.

"Sure."

So with that after school Millie, Sadie, Sophia, Georgia and I went to go prom dress shopping.

Millie's dress: