Chapter 37

Katie's night

"So," Harry breathed, finally speaking up after my brief interaction with Union j, "are you drinking tonight?"

Should I drink?

I haven't drank properly since Darcy came along, except for in china. These past few months have just been me and Darcy in the house, it's been pretty lonely. Although I have had the girls to help with things. I could really use a good night, and if you can't on your birthday when can you?

But the trouble is I know these girls, I know what they're like. I also know that there hasn't been any drama in a long time, that worries me. With all these new budding relationships and the secrets between the group, things are bound to explode sooner or later. I'm hoping for the latter.

But seriously, when have I ever gotten what I'd hoped for.

With the secret relationship between Emma and Louis, the obvious sexual tension between Lauren and Niall, Jess' whole 'secret boyfriend dan' thing and the secret Lydia is obviously keeping from everyone (I can tell, I've known that girl too long to miss something like that) everything is bound to blow up in our faces.

Throw alcohol into that equation and bam.

Drama.

"Not much," I finally concluded, Harry frowning at me in confusion or disapproving, "I have a funny feeling about tonight."

He frowned again, looking down at his beer as if it would tell him the answer.

"Why?" He asked me, "what's wrong with tonight's alcohol?"

"Not the alcohol," I chuckled, "I have a feeling some shit is about to go down."

He smirked at me, finally understanding.

"Why do you say that?" he asked me, sipping his drink.

"I don't know," I sighed wearily, "I just have a feeling."

"Are these 'feelings' of yours ever right?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well," I started, thinking back. "I had the same feeling the night we met... so yeah, I guess."

I was expecting him to laugh at that, but he didn't.

"So, you're saying that what happened that night was such a terrible thing?" he frowned, genuinely seeming hurt.

Shit, struck a nerve.

"Harry, you have to admit that it wasn't ideal. A lot of things got fucked up because of it." I told him, he looked away from me seeming extremely pissed off. "I'm not saying that I regret it, no... No way in hell am I saying that. You and Darce are the best things that ever happened to me. I just mean that, that night... shit went down.

He sighed, looking to the floor and lightly tapping his foot against the wall.

"And that's really all I said," I added, hoping to cheer him up, "that the feeling was that 'shit is going to go down'."

"Right," he mumbled. "Sorry."

He stared off into the bar, as if his mind was far away.

"What?" I asked, desperate to know what this guy was thinking.

"It's just weird you know," he told me, shaking his head. "How we met. I wasn't even supposed to be there that night, I was supposed to be in with the boys. But see, my mate Jake's girlfriend had broken up with him and she had my watch. She'd given it to her friend and they'd ended up coming to that club instead of the birthday party across the street they were meant to. Weird, I know. But that was the only reason I was there. To get back my Rolex. And there you were, drunk off your tits falling into me."