Chapter 1

tap. tap. tap. tap.

i always finish early. bored. bored. bored.

Tap.

Tap.

I can't believe i was actually nervous, i mean, im good at maths. And this was just the easiest test ever, GCSE my arse. ok, maybe im a little over exagerating, it would of been hard without all the weeks of revising i recieved off Jess and Emma. Jess was like SUPERRRRR clever and Emma just always seemed to be there. We'd all applied to get into ashbourne; me, emma, jess, lydia, helena, lauren and jason. sadly on me, jess, emma and lydia had got in. our other friend, Elizabeth, was accepted into London arts college or whatever and Helena was still awaiting her appeal to ashbourne. Lauren was then going to try to get into newcastle untill South Thames College took an interest in her for Sport and Fitness. so we were all heading out to london, together, YESSSSSS. All i needed was to Ace this exam and i'd be sorted. Jason on the other hand still hadnt chosen between South Thames for engineering or Edinburgh for science. I really want him to be there with me, after all, we'd been together for 2 and a half years now and i just love him so much.

"Okay everyone your exam is now over, please remain silent until further instructions." Mr. Baxter shouted around the hall. thank god. i looked over at jess, she was just a few rows to the side of me and she looked pretty relaxed. she looked up and met my eyes. she smiled and gave me a quick thumbs up. i laughed and put mine up to, showing that i thought i'd thought i'd done good.

"okay, you may all now leave, row by row, starting with A" he belowed. i smiled to myself as people started pouring out of the exam hall. My last ever GCSE was over, i never had to worry about this stupid school again.

"...H" he shouted. oh wait, im 'H'. i grabbed my calculator, pen, pencil and ruler and almost ran out of the hall. Everyone had mixed expressions on there faces, some were worried, some were happy, some just looked like they couldnt be bothered and some looked like they could fall asleep at any moment. i met jess just outside the hall and we did some kind of celebrationary dance.

"Right, its 1 oclock. i said we'd meet the others at bus station at half past, so we better get a move on." jess chimed.

"oh right, so your not going ask me 'was it okay?' 'did you finish?' 'do you think you got A*?' like you usually do?" i laughed.

"Katie, i know you did great, if you doing get A* i will have failed you." she proudly stated.

"okay then." i smiled as we walked out of school. We only just caught the hourly bus back to our town and went off to meet the girls, they'd had there Maths, the final exam, today aswell.

"KATIEEEEE! JESSSS!" A distant voice yelled. "KATIEEEEE? JESSSS?"

"emma." we huffed in sync.

"...katie... jess..." she breathed after running all the way up the bus station.

"EMMA!" i shrieked, even though she was right in front of me. she re-gained breath and hug us both.

"soooo, how'd it go?" she asked.

"GREAT, i think?" jess chimed.

"Good, yeah!" i smiled.

"WELLLL, IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE ALL CELEBRATING!" she yelled. "SO I SAY WE ALL GO AND BUY SOME KILLER OUTFITS AND GO OUT CLUBBING TONIGHT, YAAA." she said in an american accent.

"how about NO!" jess yelled.

"yeah im not going clubbing!" i agreed.

"YES YOU ARE! JUST THIS ONCE? PLEAASSEEE! I'VE ORGANISED IT ALL! i mean, my sister know the bouncer at this amazing VIP club in manchester, and SHES GOT US IN!" she yelled.