↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘 ✗

⁂

// S A G E//

           I WAS BOUNCING ON the balls of my feet when Newt and a few others were unbolting the large bulky door. Once it was open, I pushed past the boys, jogging up the four steps into the cart. My eyes searched around, my heart rate rising when I didn't see my best friend in the first rows. I walked down the isle, ignoring the beat up and bloody kids sitting in chairs with chains coming down from the ceiling wrapped around their wrists.

          My eyes caught sight of a familiar dirty blonde, halting in my tracks I place a comforting hand on Aris' shoulder, squeezing it gently. "Thank god, are you okay?" My eyes then flicker to Sonya, the white haired girl beaten next to a badly beaten Aris. "Are both of you okay?"

          They both nod their head numbly, but their eyes light up at the sight of Harriet who comes up besides me. "Thank god." I backed away from Aris and Sonya, letting Harriet, who I became good friends with, have a reunion with her two best friends, watching them with a smile as tears were shed. "I need some bolt cutters!"

            I shake my head, Minho still on my mind as I turn around and continuing to look for him. I look down each row carefully, studying each individual.

         "He's not here, Sage."

          I freeze in my spot, turning to look at the boy that I love with all my heart, my bottom lip quivering as Thomas gives me a sad look. "Fuck!" I spin on my heel, slamming my fist into the wall of the cart, pain shooting through my hand. I pull my hand away, shaking my hand gently.

         "Sage . . ." Thomas comes up from besides me, grabbing onto the elbow with the hand I injured, the same hand I injured last year when I punched the mirror. My fist never properly healed, the scars and pain making me think back to that day.

         I pull away from Thomas, avoiding eye contact with his sad eyes. "Don't." I push past him, pushing past Harriet and River who call my name, but I ignore. I practically crash into Newt as he steps into the train, ignoring him as well as I walk past him and out of the train. I ignore everyone, my hand stinging and bruises starting to appear with blood dripping down onto the dirt.

          After my breakdown away from everyone, including my closet friends, I rejoined everyone, making an appearance at the metal rundown boat Vince and a few others are trying to prepare to travel to a safe haven. We moved our location from the desert to by the sea, and they're a lot more of us now, a ton of us, and now with the rescued kids, there's even more, which means we need to get out of here as soon as possible.