↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 ✗

⁂

// S A G E //

I POINTED AT A part of the map, explaining the plan that formed in my head when I was throwing a fit. "There, that's it. It's a few hundred miles. Based on the railways, everything that Aris told us, that's gotta be where they're headed." I place both palms onto the table as I glanced around, making eye contact with Thomas before glancing at Vince. "That's where they're taking Minho. We take everyone who can fight. Follow the roads where we can. We can make it back within a week."

          Vince clenches his jaw, shaking his head and making eye contact with me, a disbelief look plastered on his face. "A week?" He angrily places a finger ontop of the circle, leaning forward towards me, his voice harsh. "It took us six months to get here now. We got over a hundred kids here now." He motions to the others who were in the room, which includes Thomas, Newt, Brenda, and Frypan. "We can't just hang out here forever after what we just pulled." He points back at the map. "You wanna wonder off to some random point on the map. You don't even know what's there."

          I swallowed thickly, opening my mouth to argue when a voice enters the room, causing all heads to glance at the doorway. "I do." His hands were in the front pocket of his jeans, his feet shuffling closer to us. "It's been a few years, but I've been there." He stops walking when he reaches by Thomas. "The Last City. That's what WICKED called it. It was their whole base of operations. If that city is still standing, that's the last place you wanna go, Hermana. That's the lion's den."

         Thomas keeps a straight face, his shoulders shrugging slightly as he makes eye contact with me. "It's nothing we haven't done before."

         "Yeah, with months of planning, and reliable information, the element of surprise, non of which we have now." Vince counts off his fingers, leaning his other arm against the table.

           I shake my head, clenching my jaw. "Vince, I thought this through. Would you just hear me out—"

          Vince slams his fist on the table angrily, his face getting close to mine again, his face red with anger, his voice loud; "The last time we went off half-cocked . . . I lost everything." I knew he was talking about his wife. "You remember that?" He lowers his voice. "Look, I know it's Minho, all right? But you cant ask me to put those kids on the line for one man. I wont do it."

          I glare at him, clencing my jaw. I open my mouth to speak, but close it deciding silent is better than speaking my mind, which could cause a lot of problems. I glare at him for a few seconds, before turning on my heel and moving to walk out the tent, when muffled sounds made me halt in my feet. I quietly turn to look at the radio, which we hacked so we can hear WICKED and what they were saying. "Searching the grid now. A is completed. Scanning B-sector now."