↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 ✗

⁂

//S A G E//

"i remember tears
streaming down your face
when i said i'll never let you go
when all those shadows
almost killed your light"

"NEWT, WE'RE ALMOST THERE." Gally calls out as we move through the side streets again, flames blazing in spots of the street and buildings.

"Just leave me." Newt gasps out and I notice his feet start to drag, making it harder for us to move as fast as we are currently going, and making us slow down.

I tighten my grip on Newt's waist. "Not an option."

"i remember you said
"don't leave me here alone"
but all that's dead and
gone and passed tonight"

A car thats on fire flew down the street we were about to cross, causing us to fall right on our asses. Gally moves against the wall. "Back! Back!"

We watched as a mob of people rush towards the blazing car, leaving fire on the streets. "Let's go! Let's go!"

It was chaotic, hearing shouts and cries and gunshots and explosions coming from both sides of us. I never felt more lost in my whole life. For the first time, I don't know what to do. A loud humming noise captures our attention and the six of us glance up at the sky to see a burg ahead of us.

"just close your eyes,
the sun is going down
you'll be alright"

River stares at it for a little longer before nodding his head. "okay, that's them. we gotta go."

I go to grab Newt, but he brushes me off. "Go without me, man." He leans over to the side, throwing up black substance which left a trivil of black substance dripping down his chin. His eyes were bloodshot, his skin so pale the veins underneath his skin were blue and red, the bags under his eyes more prominent than before, and sweat covered every inch of his skin. "You should just..."

I turn to Minho and River. "You two gotta run ahead, grab the serum, and get back to us as soon as you can." The two boys look reluctant but I gave them a pleading look. "Minho, River, please just go."

Gally stands up. "she's right. I can cover."

"no one can hurt you now,
come morning light"

Minho and River glance down at Newt. Right before the two were about to leave, Newt grabs onto both of their wrists causing them to glance down at Newt. "Thank you, River. Thank you, Minho."