↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎 ✗

⁂

//S A G E//

        THE FOUR OF US returned back to the base and gathered our group, sitting around a table as Gally explain the plan he had time to think about it on the way back from the city. A plan Newt, River, in fact everyone (including me) didn't agree with, at all. I sigh, resting my head on my arms, which was resting on the table, "no. there's gotta be another way."

         Gally gives me a glance with raised eyebrows, leaning forward towards me, "like what? you've seen the building. she is our only way in."

         I could feel Thomas moving behind me as I raise my head, glancing up at him as he says "you really think she's gonna help us?"

       Gally merely shrugs, "i don't plan on asking for her permission."

       "Am I missing something here?" Brenda speaks up, her head rising from it's resting position on the palm of her hand. we all glance over at Brenda when she takes a short pause, before continuing; "this is the same girl who betrayed us, who almost killed Sage, correct? same dick."

        I nod my head while Gally raises his head towards me, jabbing his thumb over at Brenda with raised eyebrows. "I like her."

       Brenda's brown eyes locked with my green eyes, her voice barely coming out as a whisper; "what's going on?"

        It was silent for a quick second before Newt's voice pierced the air. he angrily turns his head towards Thomas and I, a glare present on his face and his eyes seemed to hold no emotion. this wasn't the Newt I knew. "what, are you afraid your little girlfriend's gonna get hurt Thomas?" my jaw clenched with anger and my eyes narrowed into slits, I knew for sure Newt wasn't talking about me.

        I stand to my feet, placing my hands on the table and leaning forward, a glare on my face, "Newt-"

         He cuts me off, "hmm? because this has obviously never been just about rescuing Minho, has it?"

         Thomas moves closer to Newt, his eyebrows furrowed, his voice coming out as a whisper, as if he didn't want anyone to hear besides Newt. "wait, what are you talking about?"

        Newt rises to his feet and stalks towards Thomas, his jaw clenched. "Teresa. she's the only reason that Minho's even missing in the first place. Now we finally have an opportunity to get him back and what? you don't want to because of her?" Thomas stepped back as Newt got closer, his nose inches away from Thomas'. "Because deep down inside you still care about her, don't you?" I watched Thomas with my eyes slightly narrowed, I already knew the answer, Thomas is still in love, and he still cares for the bitch who stabbed me. "just admit it."