𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

⁂

//S A G E//

three years later :

'deep in the meadow,
under the willow,
a bed of grass,
a soft green pillow'

          I WATCHED IN THE distance with a smile on my lips, the love of my life play with our two year old sun in the ocean and sand. Thomas laughing with pure bliss as he dunks Newt under the ocean water, bringing up back up and tossing him in the air, causing him to squeal and laugh — he got his father looks, the brown hair and brown eyes, and the little freckles.

           The five month old baby in my arms releases a little cry and i glance down at River, rocking him gently. River came out looking like me, well so far it looks like it. We can't really tell yet considering he's still a young baby.

           Thomas wanted kids and at first I didn't want any. But after remembering what River and Newt said, I caved in, naming my two baby boys after the two boys that I loved with all my heart and the two boys that I had lost.

'lay down your head,
and close your eyes,
and when they open,
the sun will rise'

          We realized back at the scorch, the females sent into the maze couldnt have kids, some sort of a ring planted inside them. I still don't understand much about it. When I remembered, I told Thomas and we were both completely devestated. But a doctor here, took me into surgery and removed it for me, blessing us with our babies.

           My hair got slightly longer and I let the red fade out, letting my natural dark brown hair take over. I don't wear any more makeup and I don't wield a machete anymore and I definitely don't wear my armor anymore. I burned that the second day here. That heartless, murdering machine part of me had died and she won't be making another appearance.

           We made Minho the uncle and Minho loves them and spoils them constantly. We made Brenda the aunt and Jorge the godfather. A few people here, started families as well. Now, we have toddlers running around everywhere. And although at times it could be annoying and driving us crazy, it makes us blissful and reminds us how lucky we are we survived — WICKED, cranks, and so on. We were warriors. For the minute WICKED grabbed us. Stripped us from our childhood and deprived us from humanity — mine almost being stripped away from me.

'here it's safe, and
here it's warm,
here the daises guard,
you from every harm'