↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 ✗

⁂ //S A G E//

//S A G E//

WE EXIT THE JEEP when we reach a long dark tunnel, beaten down buildings and cars near the entrence. We've been on the rode for hours now, im guessing. The sun was already up and right above us, making us sweat, or mostly me because of my black/dark red leather "armor" clothing (as Newt likes to call it). It wasnt really a nice drive, there wasnt anything to look at besides weeds, dirt, or the occasional stop points. There wasn't really much talk, the occasional words between me and Newt, who were forced to sit in the back while Thomas sat in the passenger seat giving out directions to Frypan with the map in his hands. I follow Newt, who stops right at the mouth of the tunnel, placing one hand on his hip while the other points at the tunnel. "You want us to go in there?" I didn't say a word and neither did Thomas or Frypan. "I don't wanna come across as too negative, but if I was a crank, that's exactly where I would be." I wanted to snort at Newt's words, but decided against it.

Thomas stares down at the map closely, the paper clutched tightly in his hands. His eyes flicker up to the tunnel in front of us. "I don't think we have much of a choice."

He glances back down at the map, and then up to Newt and I. Newt gives him a "are you fucking kidding me" look, which makes me want to burst out laughing, but I once again decided against it. Newt glances back at the tunnel, running his tongue over his lips, before turning around and walking past us. "Alright. I get shotgun."

I sat in the back with Thomas, all of us on high alert as we enter through the broken gates of the tunnel and into the tunnel itself, all of us on high alert. I focused most of my attention out the window next to me, my fingerless thick gloved hand reached behind me, resting ontop of my machete handle that was in it's holster resting on my back. There were a lot of potholes in the ground, causing a bumpy ride. Puddles splashed as the tire ran over them. Newt reaches up towards the ceiling of the car, flipping the switches to turn on the high beams of the car, and then another beam to turn on the headlights ontop of the car, creating more light. He then clicks on another high beam, this one being portable, shinning it out his window, practically leaning out of it.

As we approaches some cars and large baskets full of things, Frypan starts to go slow, muttering a "here we go."

Newt sweeps the light around on his side. "Yeah, just take it nice and slow."

We were barely passing the first few cars when Frypan slams on the breaks, making me fly foreword and into the seat behind him. "Whoa, whoa, whoa."

I roll my eyes when both boys turn to me and Thomas. I nod my head. "It's okay. It's just one, so take it slow, go around him."