↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 ✗

⁂

//S A G E//

I KNEW THOMAS WAS pissed at me for walking next to Gally and making conversation with him as he lead us somewhere to meet someone. I could feel Thomas' eyes daggering the back of my head like I just cheated on him or murdered his best friend or even switched sides for that matter. Not only was he giving me glares, he was walking in the back of the group with Newt, Newt walking besides him to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid like slice Gally's throat or put a bullet through his head.

I understand why Thomas is so mad, I was feeling hatred for him for a while. But he changed, I know he did. Gally wasn't his angry self and willing to help us even after we threw a spear into his chest, nearly killing him. Not only that, Gally and I were good friends, not the best of friends like Minho and I or Newt and I, but we were good friends, at one point I even considered him as a brother, he was always looking out for me and respected my decisions, until Thomas came along.

He was half out of his mind and was stung by a griever, and I know he blames himself for what happened. I could see his body language and the way he acted towards us, letting us attack him. He's guilty, I know he is. He treated Chuck like a little brother he never wanted, and having someone you love die by your hands can really fuck you up.

"After the maze, I got picked up by a group headed to the city." We follow after Gally, walking down a wooden plank going down. I raise my head up above me, noticing men on the second level, a opening in the middle where we are walking, chatter filling the air. "They realized I was immune, patched me up, and they brought me here to Lawrence." As Gally continued talking and turning around the corner, I make eye contact with a man in armor, holding a rifle. He gives me a suspicious look, to which I return, before continuing after Gally. "This group's been at war with WICKED ever since they took control of the city." He glances down at me. "But WICKED can't hide behind those walls forever. Day's gonna come, and they're gonna pay for what they've done." He slowly comes to a stop, staring off ahead before turning around and talking to us, his voice low; "Listen, uh, he doesn't get a lot of visitors. So, let me do the talking. All right?" He turns around, walking into the room. "And try not to stare."

I furrow my eyebrows, glancing up at Thomas, who seemed to calm down a little. He doesn't make eye contact with me though, and continues following Gally. When we entered the room, Gally was slipping off his gun and making his way down the steps. A man was mumbling something, bent over some roses but I could see his face, another man standing straight behind him, hands clasped together as he eyes us closely. Gally places down his gun and then walks slowly to the man, nodding his head in respect at the man standing, Thomas and I right on his heels.

"Gally, glad to see you made it back." The man stands, but the dark shadowing his face besides the sun coming through the tinted windows causing us to see his silhouette. "Jasper told me what happened."