↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 ✗

⁂

//S A G E//

MY EYES FLUTTERED OPEN slowly. I took a minute to take in my surroundings. I was in a hut of some sort, and on a comfortable bed, something I have't been on since the glade. Nice sunlight shinned through the hut, I could hear windchimes. No guns firing, no screaming, no bombs, nothing. I could smell fresh air, not smoke. I slowly sat up, seeing tables of some medicial supplies. I glance down and saw my arms wrapped up with bandages, over the slashes Newt gave me. My shoulder was wrapped up from the gunshot. I reached up and touched my forehead, to see if I was still bleeding, but felt a bandage. I was changed into new clothes, some nice leggings and a shirt.

I slowly stood to my feet, glancing to my left and seeing Thomas asleep on a bed near mine. I moved slowly towards him, ignoring the little pain I felt, most of my pain being taken from pain medication more than likely. As I slowly moved towards Thomas, I saw a mirror. I stared at my reflecion. My makeup was wiped off, cuts and bruises on my skin, that returned to its normal color, tan. My hair was still down, but the red fading. My skin wasnt bloody or dirty anymore. I stared down at my hands, not seeing Newt's blood, River's blood, Thomas' blood, or Teresa's blood. Clean hands and cut up fists. My eyes were still puffy and red, bags underneath my eyes no doubt from all that screaming and crying. I clench my jaw, before moving up to lay with Thomas I crawl into bed with him, cuddling into his side. I slowly lift up his shirt, to see a white bandage wrapped around his stomach. I dropped it and glanced up to look at his peacefully face. He was cleaned too and change from his dirty clothes to a new pair. I could see the bruises and cuts dotting his skin as well.

I trailed my finger down his cheek gently and comfortingly as I stared at him, thanking God for not taking him too, for letting both of us come out alive. His eyes slowly flutter open and he quickly looks down at me. "Sage." His voice cracked, from dryness and not speaking in a long time. I didn't know how long were both out for, but it must of been for a long time.

He sits up and brings me up with him, leaning down and pressing his lips against mine, his arms wrapped around me as my arms were wrapped around him. He raised one hand and placed it on my cheek, brushing his thumb across my jawline. We both pull away breathlessly, resting our foreheads against each other's. He squeezed me tighter, but not to tight, moving his head to rest ontop of mine and pulling me into his chest, placing one hand behind my head. He breathes out; "thank god"

We held each other for a while, before I decided to leave my safe spot and walk outside the hut, Thomas trailing behind. I moved the curtain back, my eyes landing on a beautiful view. The ocean waves were gently meet up by the sand, crashing onto them gently. A large boat and a smaller boat out in the distance of the ocean The grass blew gently due to the small gust of winds. Butterflies were landing on the sunflowers, before flying away.