~Chapter 2: See her (Part 1)~

John's P.O.V

We sat in a bar as I pondered about the woman I saw in the water. Alexander almost immediately noticed that I was in a deep state of thinking because he bumped his shoulder into mine. "Hey, you're gonna finish that?" He asked as he pointed at my beer. I looked away as he looked at me with a pretty concerned look. "You okay?" He asked as I shrugged. "Dunno..." I answered as he sighed.

"What happened?" He asked before he casually sipped at his beer. "...Promise me that you won't laugh at me..." I started as Alexander side eyed me. "Who am I to judge on what you do or say?" He proclaimed. 

I blinked.

"B*tch, you beat up a bartender when they told you that 5 mugs of beer are too much to consume in 1 go," I told him in a monotone voice.

"That's the past, Laurens," Alexander told me as he swung his arm over my shoulder and made a big curve with his arm like he was petting the air.

"Alexander, it just happened 2 minutes ago-"

"PEOPLE CHANGE, JOHN!" He yelled as he tightened the grip on my neck, making me choke due to lack of oxygen. "B*TCH!" I yelled as he narrowed his eyes, but let me go. "Tell me," He continued like nothing happened. "What's on your mind?" He asked as I blew a piece of dark and curly hair out my face.

"...I saw this girl-"

"F*ck you're not gay," Alexander cursed to himself as I narrowed my eyes. "You thought I was gay?" I asked as he flinched. "Does everyone here think I'm gay?" I asked as sweat drops passed along his forehead like raindrops. "...Noooo!" He lied as I narrowed my eyes even further making them almost 2 straight lines.

"Anyway," I stated irritated as Alexander put his empty beer mug on his lips and pretended to drink to hide his face. "Here's the crazy part," I continued as he looked at me, beer cup still covering his mouth. "I saw her in the sea when I was pulling up that crate the other night," I explained as Alexander frowned. "John, that's impossible! The sea is way too cold to be in at that hour of the day," Alexander protested as I sighed.

"That's what I thought! But I know I saw her! I couldn't make out any features or anything other than her eyes," I sighed dreamily as I leaned on my hand. "Beautiful e/c orbs," I sighed as Alexander made puking sounds.

"I think you are seeing things, John," Alexander admitted. "Okay! Then how did the crate get tied onto the fence?" I riddled Alexander as he shrugged. "The crate probably floated around, someone found it and tied it to the fence probably," Alexander explained as I scoffed. "John, it was late, you had downed some Sam Adams. I think you just saw some things," He stated as I sighed. "Maybe," I exhaled with a disappointing tone in the back of my throat.

"Totally," Alexander corrected as I pushed him off his seat.

"TURTLE FRICKER!" He yelled as I smiled to myself.

(Short because this will be a 2 parter!)