~~Chapter 5: The buckets~~

Alexander's P.O.V

"Oh my God..." The girl silently whispered when the bullet was fired. "That. Was. AWESOME!" She yelled as she ran towards John and grabbed the pistol out of his hand. "HEY!" John yelled as he tried to kick the girl to the ground. Afraid of the risk of either getting wounded, I pushed John and made him tumble over a bucket and fall to the ground.

"Can you give the gun back please?" I asked with a smile. "Sure!" She smiled and pointed the gun towards me. Cold sweat ran down my body as John furiously tried to get back up again, but fell over a second bucket.

"Eh..." I silently croaked as I let my shaky hand travel to the barrel of the gun and slowly took it in my hand. She let go and I fully grabbed the gun in my hand. It was dead silent as the girl smiled at me. Yeah, it was dead quiet except for John tumbling over a third bucket.

"So, what's your name?" I asked as she kept smiling like she didn't just point a gun at me. "Y/N," She stated as she kept grinning. "...Y/N and?" I asked referring to the surname. "Y/N and that's it," She told me as she gave me a weird look. "Just Y/N, okay," I mumbled as I looked at the ground and put the gun in my empty gun holder.

"My name is Alexander Hamilton," I introduced and turned a half quarter around. I pointed at John who stumbled over a fourth bucket. "That's John Laurens," I told her as she waved at John with a smile. "F*ck off," John mumbled at her as he raised himself up and stumbled over a fifth bucket.

"WHY ARE THERE SO MANY BUCKETS?!" He finally yelled. "Is that a bucket?" Y/N asked as she walked towards John and knelt down. She got a hold of a bucket and looked inside it. John and I looked at each other. I tried to form a sentence but John beat me to it. "Are you dumb?" He asked as he looked at Y/N. "John." I barked in between my teeth.

"Alex, the girl doesn't know what a f*cking bucket is," John pointed out as he finally stood up. "I'm not dumb," Y/N defended herself as John glared at her. "Let's introduce her to Lafayette. He's as clueless to everything as her. Maybe they'll enjoy each other's company," I suggested as John scoffed.

"At least Lafayette still knows what a f*cking bucket is-"

"What's f*cking?" We suddenly heard. We looked at Y/N as she curiously looked at us. "You've been tossing it in your sentences, John Laurens. What is it?" She asked with a puzzled look. "One, It's just Laurens and two I don't need to tell you," John grumbled and folded his arms. "Let's go," I told them as I helped Y/N up. We began to step to the exit. John exited the tent and I looked behind me to see Y/N stumbling towards me.

"Maybe I should help you," I suggested as I put her hand on my shoulder. We exited and saw John already ahead of us. I slowly walked towards our tent. "Why is Laurens so weird?" I heard from behind me. "That's a light way to put it," I chuckled as she huffed. "I didn't do anything wrong..." She pouted. "John is just very defensive, he doesn't trust anyone so easily," I tried to explain.

We finally reached the tent. I slowly opened the flap and looked inside to see Lafayette sitting on a chair, writing a letter and John on his bed, back turned to Lafayette and us.

"Hey, Lafayette!" I greeted to get his attention. "Salut..." He mumbled as he slightly waved his hand. He kept concentrating on the letter as I slowly let Y/N in. "Lafayette," I called again as he looked up. "Quoi-" He asked with a frown but soon he made eye contact with Y/N. "Who's that?" He asked he pointed his quill to Y/N.

I sat Y/N down on my bed so she could rest. It didn't take 3 seconds and she had already found one of my quills and started to play with it.

"This is Y/N...No-last-name-given," I explained as Lafayette frowned even harder. "She was on the point of drowning in the harbor nearby. John found her and we rescued her. She just woke up. She doesn't know anything at all," I explained briefly as Lafayette listen intently. "She doesn't even know what a bucket is," I mumbled as Lafayette quietly chuckled.

"I think she has memory loss," I told him as he nodded. "Looks like it," He chuckled. "Or she could be a spy," John mumbled. "John, if you're gonna join the conversation, please show your face," I stated firmly as John groaned and sat up straight.

"That had crossed my mind," I sighed as I looked at her. She had found my notebooks and started to flip the pages. "But I also have an expert at these kinds of things who can check if she is or isn't," I smirked at John as he grumbled.

"Where is Hercules anyway?" John asked Lafayette. "He's talking with Washington right now," Lafayette answered. "So what? We're gonna let Hercules test her?" John asked with a cocked eyebrow. "Exactly," I nodded as John huffed.

"Good luck with that," He stated as he stood up. "Where are you going?" Lafayette asked as John walked out the tent.

"Out." He stated and left.