~~Chapter 27: Guilt~~

"Tea?" Eliza asked as she held the white teapot in both of her hands. I looked up from the article I had been 'trying' to read and gently shook my head 'no'. "I don't drink tea," I added as she walked back to the kitchen to set the teapot down. I had been seated on a wooden chair. Not that weren't any sofas. Angelica just didn't want me to sit on a sofa. She was standing. Almost at the other side of the room. 

They had a rental house. They had to crash somewhere. Soon, their home would be restored and guarded with more security. Peggy's old room was being closed and locked forever. 

"Okay, 'Sam' Hamilton," Angelica began as Eliza came back from the kitchen. I put the article on the table near me. I felt like I was getting lectured for doing something wrong. "I've told Eliza of your-" She tried to form a sentence that sounded formal enough to pass for a royal document. "Secret figure," She finished.

I looked at Eliza. "I have boobs," 

Eliza chuckled. Angelica sighed. "What is your real name?" She asked, shushing Eliza as she did. "Y/N," I introduced myself again. "Y/N Hamilton?" She asked. "No, the Hamilton part was a lie too," I admitted with a nervous grin. "You didn't resemble Alexander at all, so that makes sense," Eliza snickered. "Okay, that's all good and well," Angelica sighed as she put her hand in her hair. "But my question is why? Did you do it for honor, did you escape from your family, what happened?" She asked as I chuckled and looked down, crossing my legs.

"You wouldn't believe me, so I'm not going to tell you," I responded. She frowned. Eliza looked intrigued. "Is there something else you want to know?" I asked in response to their different reactions. "Peggy," Angelica said. My grin faded. "She told you something," Angelica began. 

She did. 

"...Sam..." She hesitated as she looked me right in my eyes, got nervous and looked back down. "What?" I asked, clueless to what she was trying to tell me. "I-" She started.

I need to get Angelica off my back. She-no-Nobody can know about this. I glanced at Eliza. I need to leave and Eliza's my ticket out. 

"You saw that?" I asked, looking up with a grin. Maybe the grin was too cocky. She looked offended. "What did she say?" She asked, dismissing my grin, as she wanted to know what I know. "I," I started as I stood up. "Told Peggy that I would take it to my grave," I explained, letting my head fall to the side. The same grin widened just a tad bit. "Peggy's dead. Tell me," Angelica insisted with a growl. Eliza frowned. "Angelica," She choked, tears welling up in her eyes. Angelica couldn't say another word for Eliza had already left. 

Angelica gave me another glance before rushing off to apologize. I grabbed the article on the table and left the estate. 

John 101. 'Set the people who have cornered you up against each other'

He does it all the time to Alexander and Lafayette. Well, he DID it all the time to Alexander and Lafayette. 

'Alexander.' My thoughts lingered. 'The documents' I reminded myself as I marched forward. 'Battle plans' I huffed. I saw the camp in the distance. 'They couldn't be that complicated to find, right?' 

I knew for a fact that Alexander was in our tent around this hour to write correspondence. The good thing about that was that his mind was set at 0 and he wrote cookie cutter letters to every person who sent a letter to Washington.

Basically, he was a writing machine. Thus he isn't thinking straight (he never does, but whatever), thus he will answer all my questions, thus I shall know where he keeps those plans. 

I entered the tent and Alexander was at his usual spot. He was sitting on his bed with the plank on some stones and writing correspondence. My heart beat against my chest. I was about to betray all my friends and the whole meaning of America. I sat down next to Alexander.

"Alexander," I called. "Yeah," He breathed, not even moving his lips. All his movement was in his hand as he wrote at the speed of light. "What battle are you and Washington preparing for?" I asked. "Yorktown," he answered, not even looking away from his work. "The mission Lafayette was sent for?" I asked. "Yeah, if we fail he's dead for sure," Alexander nodded.

"Well f*ck," I mumbled as my heart stopped. "Alexander, I did not ask for details," I spat at him. "B*tch, who do you think I am?" He asked, still not paying attention to anything except his papers. He just has an 'I smell the bullsh*t' respondent in his brain. 

'Now or never, John is going to be back any minute'

"Where do you store those battleplans for Yorktown?" I quickly asked. "Washington keeps them in the desk. Top left, under all the fake battleplans. The real one is written by me and the other ones are written by Washington. So it's writing style you're looking for." Alexander rambled. "Also, the real one is also signed by me," He added.

Did he know about my plans or did he just do an oopsie?

He suddenly stopped writing and looked at me. "Why do you want to know?" He suddenly asked. I stuttered for a second before smiling. "I'm very curious, you know," I admitted. Alexander stared at me for another few seconds. He leaned a bit closer to look me right in my eyes. He was trying to catch me mid-lie.

"Alexander," We heard from the entrance. We looked at the person. It was John. He did not look amused. "John," Alexander answered. "Someone said that they were better at rock-paper-scissors than you-"

"WHO AND WHEN?" Alexander shrieked. In a blind rage, he stood up and walked out. John got out of his way and watched him get away from the tent. Then he turned his head to me. "John, I'm so glad to see you," I sighed in relief. Without saying a word, he stomped towards me and harshly pushed me on the bed.

He got on top of me and stared me dead in the eye. 'I don't know if I prefer John's stare over Alexander's stare. They're both quite scary and intimidating,'

"Just so you know," John started. "I wouldn't trust Alexander with any of my sisters if I had any," He continued as he used his knee to strangle my leg. My breathing just kept getting deeper and faster. "But I trust him enough as not to mingle with you," He admitted. 

"But just so you know. You are mine," 

As the guilt freshly applied itself on me, John pressed his lips on mine.