~~Chapter 26: Sleep~~

(Chapter is short because why not?)

"Can I play?"

My words seemed to be the only sound. I kept smiling hoping that they'd pity me. Even though they were only with 4, I felt like the whole sea was staring at me. Thousands and thousands of eyes just staring at me.

"Is that the mix?"

The mermaids whispered, hoping it wouldn't fall in my ears. I seemed to be stuck, I couldn't swim away to avoid them. I stared down. Suddenly, all of them evaporated into petals. As they slowly drifted around, the big pearl they'd been tossing around fell down on the sand. 

A whisper fell in my ear. I turned around and suddenly I was back on land. I wasn't relieved though. In front of me, I saw the Schuyler mansion burning down to the ground. 

"Let me remind you that every 3 months you fail to bring the plans, an attack near your personal life will take place,"

I shot up from my 'bed'. 

"Lafayette."

I wrestled with my blankets to get them off of me and fell down onto the grass. "Y/N?" I heard a mumble. I looked up to see John, hanging out of his bed, looking at me. "Are you alright?" He asked. I couldn't see him very well. I tried to communicate with him but my words were brought out with a quiet sob. "That's a no," He sighed and removed his woolen blanket. 

He kneeled down in front of me and put a hand on my shoulder. I reached forward and wrapped my arms around him. He was extremely tense. "You can," He said almost immediately but didn't bother to continue for a few seconds. "You can just," He tried but cut himself off.

I pulled away and saw the frustration in his expression. "Just," He spat out before standing up and picked me up bridal-style. "Come here," He said and slowly slumped back to his bed. He laid me down, fell down next to me and tossed the blanket over me. He hugged me from behind and almost immediately fell asleep. I sighed and tried to fall asleep. 

And guess what?

I failed.

~~Later that day~~

I took my butt upstate. I had promised to talk with Angelica. And I had to face my mistakes. But I was dead tired. I almost drowned, I yelled at Lafayette like an old fool and then I got sleep deprived. Awesome. 

I looked like a drunk. John saw me walk out and he gave me a second glance before heading off to his duties. I understood that he couldn't help me out. He had other things to do. John wasn't the only one giving me a second glance. Everyone gave me a second glance.

They were probably thinking:

"What is that female looking male doing on the street?"

How did I know? Because someone actually yelled:

"Are you okay, female looking male?! Get some sleep!"

Yes.