~~Chapter 23: Tag~~

I walked back from the graveyard. My nose and cheeks were cold and turning red. I wanted to lay down and just die. I put my hand in front of my mouth and coughed. Then I stood still and frowned. 

I looked at my hand as saw a petal. My mind went blank. 'I fixed this, why is it back?' Was the first thought in my mind. I threw away the petal and wanted to die even more. When I was about to enter the camp, I saw John run up to me, a big grin on his face. 

"Tag," John told me as he pecked my lips. My face turned red as he ran away. "You're it!" He informed me from afar. I instantly threw away my hat and ran after him. 'Why is he running?' I asked myself as I ran after him. 

"John!" I yelled as he ran into the woods. I could hear him laugh. I was confused. What was this weird ritual and why did he say 'tag you're it,' to perform it? So many questions. "John, why are you running?" I asked as I ran into the woods, but I didn't get an answer. John was nowhere to be seen. "I'm coming to get the others," I yelled into the seemingly empty forest. 

When I turned around, John swung out a tree. His legs were hooked on a branch and he was upside down. I shrieked and almost fell down. "JAHWN," I yelled at him as he chuckled.

"You don't know tag?" He asked with a smile as he cocked his head to the side. "No, what kind of ritual is it?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. He shook his head and reached up so he could sit on the branch. With one leg swinging off the branch he reached his hand out for me. I hesitantly took it and put my feet on the trunk of the tree. He pulled me up and we sat in the tree.

"So," He started to explain. "Normally you just tap the other player and then you run from them as they try to tag you back and so on," He explained as I nodded. "But I think giving someone a kiss is firstly harder and it's more fun," He grinned. I chuckled. "And why are we doing this?" I asked, still chuckling. "Because we can and because I'm off duty today. And also because I know for a fact that you don't have anything to do today," He reasoned with me.

I nodded. "Okay," I agreed as he smiled. "And the reason why people do this is?" I asked, cocking my eyebrow. "Just because it's fun-" John tried to explain as I pressed my lips on his and jumped out the tree as ungraceful as can be.

"She is beauty, she is grace," I started as I ran away from the tree. "She will vanish without leaving a trace!" I yelled as I saw John sprint behind me. "And soon she shall be outpaced!" John yelled behind me. 

*Remix of Dejavu and sped up version of RUN plays in the background*

I ran out of the forest back to where I originally was, slipped down onto the ground to grab my hat and swung myself up by the wooden pole of a tent. John ran into someone and pushed them out of the way as I put my hat back up. 

Lafayette's P.O.V

I was strolling around the camp, making sure that everyone was doing their duty. "Heads up!" I heard from ahead. I looked up and saw Y/N running towards me at full speed. I frowned as she grabbed me by my shoulders and swung me behind her. I was confused but I realized what she was doing when I crashed into John. We both landed on the ground.

"Qu'est-ce que tu fais?!" I yelled at John as he pushed himself up. "Tag!" He yelled with a big grin on his face and sprinted towards Y/N. I tried to push myself up but I had to cough, so I did. But then immediately regretted it as a few petals came out of my mouth.

I cringed and quickly got up.

Alexander's P.O.V

I was writing correspondence to the congress telling them to stop fooling around or else I'll fool around with their wives. 

...

That was a joke. I'm trying to be funny.

...

I swear, I love Eliza.

That's when Y/N came in and grabbed the largest stack of my paperwork. "And what do you think you're going to do with that?" I asked her as she waited for a second. John came rushing in and she threw the paperwork in his face. I shrieked as high and loud as I could. 

"MAH WORK!" I shrieked as Y/N pushed John to the side, onto a bed and rushed out of the tent. "JOHN!" I yelled at John as I fell down on my knees and grabbed a piece of paper. "My babies!" I cried with a high voice. "Sorry man," He apologized as he patted my shoulder. "But I gotta do something," He reminded me as he ran out of the tent, stepping on some of my papers with his soaked boots on accident.

I was horrified.

I fainted on the spot.

Y/N's P.O.V

I ran into a vacant place of the camp where only some people walk around if any. No one was around. I ran around for a tad bit longer until I was tackled onto the ground. My hat fell off and rolled away. "NO! MY HAT!" I yelled with a huge grin on my face. "B*tch," He exhaled with the same grin.

"You just killed off Lafayette and Alexander and you care more about your hat?" He reminded me as he cocked his eyebrow. "It was for the greater good," I smirked at him as he rolled his eyes and pressed his lips on mine. I grinned and pulled him closer. I felt John smile into the kiss. 

"My God," We heard behind us. John rolled off of me and landed right on his but and I also arose from my laying position to a sitting position. I looked up. It was Charles Lee. John groaned and rolled his eyes. I smiled.

"Hey, Charles!" I greeted him with a smile. Charles ignored me. "John, I knew you were gay for Alexander but cheating on him with another guy seems a bit excessive, doesn't it?" Charles smirked at us. 

So he still thought I was a guy. Which doesn't make the situation any better? Now does it. I looked away. 

"I'm not gay," John hissed at Charles but didn't look him in the eyes.

"Sure," Charles scoffed.

"You didn't see anything," John threatened him.

"I saw everything," Charles smirked.

"You kissed him and I'm going to tell Alexander," Charles smiled. 

"Jokes on you! He's a she!" John yelled and I slapped my hand on his mouth. But the damage was done. "Oh?" Charles asked, pleasantly surprised. "Sorry," John mumbled and looked down. "Your pride is sometimes even bigger than Alexander's pride," I told John. "Plus, we all know there's some gay in you," I added which made him grab some snow and throw it at me.

"Does Washington know?" Charles asked, interrupting out little conversation about how gay John is. 

(Quote me on that, that is the best thing I've ever written)

"Yes," I told him as Charles cocked his eyebrow. "So he doesn't," Charles smirked. "Yes, he does!" I argued back. "Yeah!" John reinforced me. "No, he doesn't," Charles kept smirking. 

"GWash knows how gay John is, what are you talking about?" I yelled at Charles. "Yeah!-Wait...What?" John asked as his face turned red. "ABOUT YOUR GENDER Y/N, YOUR GENDER!" He shrieked at me as John threw even more snow at me.

"Oh...Yeah, he doesn't know that" I agreed with Charles. John facepalmed.