~~Chapter 15: All this time~~

"You can't take my surname!" Alexander yelled at me as I cringed. "Well too late!" I spat out. He inhaled and rubbed his forehead. "Okay," He told himself to regroup. "Think, Alexander, think," He mumbled to himself before sighing.

"Fine! Be my brother!" He sighed in defeat as I quietly cheered which made him chuckle. "Platonically love you, Alexander!" I smiled as we walked away. "Platonically love you too, Y/N," Alexander smiled in defeat. Then he paused. "How do you know the word platonically?" He asked as I smiled. "Maria," I answered as he rolled his eyes. "Of course," He chuckled.

We went back inside. I stayed with Alexander for a while until Eliza wandered towards us. "Hey!" She stuttered nervously out as she looked at Alexander and me. I flashed a smile towards her as did Alexander. "This is your brother, right Alexander?" Eliza asked referring to me. "Yep, Sam Hamilton," He agreed as he looked at me. I let out a tiny sigh of relief.

"May I steal Alexander for a moment?" She asked me with a smile. "You can't steal him. Your arms can't carry him further than-" I started with a confused face but Alexander flicked my ear and took Eliza by the waist. "While I'm gone, you can ask Lafayette for his vocabulary cards," He chuckled as I scoffed. "Fine," I hissed but ended it with a chuckle.

Alexander smiled and walked away with Eliza. "Now where is Lafayette?" I asked myself as I turned around to come face to face with Peggy. "Hey," She smiled. "Hey!" I beamed. 

She seemed nervous. 

"You landed safely, right?" She asked as I nodded. "It wasn't that big of a drop anymore," I reassured her. "Yeah..." She mumbled as she looked at the ground. "..." She stayed quiet after that. I looked around as she looked at the ground. "Is there something wrong?" I asked as I tried to look at her eyes.

"...Sam..." She hesitated as she looked me right in my eyes, got nervous and looked back down. "What?" I asked, clueless to what she was trying to tell me. "I-" She started.

John's P.O.V

I was in the bathroom, trying to clean some of the mud, but it seemed that it would be no use. I sighed and kicked the bin out of frustration. It dropped on the marble floor and some trash fell out. I sighed and opened the door. I walked out of the hall and back to the main event. Everyone was dancing and laughing and I was unchanged. 

I scanned around the room for Lafayette, Hercules and/or Alexander. When I did, I spotted Y/N and Peggy talking. My cheeks lightly flushed as a frown slid onto my expression. I scoffed before I spotted Lafayette and began walking towards him. As I walked I glanced a second time at them and saw that Peggy was in fact crying. Her face was flushed and she clenched her hands around her yellow dress. Y/N immediately wrapped her hands around her and comforted her. I jerked my eyes away from the 2.

It's all fine until someone gets hurt. 

Y/N's P.O.V

"It's gonna be okay," I reassured Peggy as she cried on my shoulder. She tightly hugged me as I put my head in the crook of her neck and supported her head. As I did, I saw John look away from us and head towards Lafayette. I shook my head and focused back on the matter at hand.

She began sobbing and I hushed her. "We'll get you out of this," I told her as I separated and held her shoulders. She looked at me as tears streamed off her cheek. Angelica seemed to grab attention of this. She speed-walked towards us. "Is something wrong?" She asked Peggy as she mean-eyed me for a second. I looked at her and went on to think of an excuse. "Someone refused her confession. He walked out the mansion though," I added as she looked at Peggy. 

"Oh no," Angelica consoled as she hugged Peggy. As Angelica hugged her, Peggy looked at me and mouthed a 'thank you'. I nodded as they separated. "Let's get you upstairs," Angelica comforted as she put her hand on Peggy's back and took her up the stairs. 

I smiled to myself but immediately dropped it when I remembered what Peggy told me. I quickly exhaled all the tension out of my lungs and walked outside to grab some air. I opened the glass doors to the open area and inhaled the air. 

This might become a problem.