~~Chapter 6: Dumb founded~~

~a few hours later~

Alexander's P.O.V

"And?" I asked Hercules as he came out of our tent. He grumbled. "Either she's really good at her job or she's just dumb," he stated aggravated. "Ha!" I heard from behind me. "Shut the f*ck up, John," I stated in between my teeth.

"So what happened?" I asked as Hercules sighed. "Well," Hercules started as he looked up in a train of thought.

~Flashback~

"So you don't have a last name?" Hercules asked Y/N as they sat on opposite sides of the bed. "Yep," she smiled. "And you don't know what this is," he stated as he lifted up an ink-stained quill of Alexander. "Yep," she smiled. "And you don't work for any force. American or British," He finished. "Yep," she smiled.

Hercules looked puzzled. For all he knew, this girl would smuggle in some other spies and bring the camp down. "Riddle me this," he began as he looked straight into Y/N's eyes to catch a lie as soon as it was spoken.

"What's 1 plus 1?" He asked with narrowed eyes. "Easy," she bluffed as Hercules cocked his eyebrow. "But 1 small question," she continued. "What's plus?"

Hercules grumbled in annoyance. "Your name is?" He asked as she smiled. "Y/N," she answered, smiling brightly. "And my name is?" He asked. "Hercules," she answered.

"And your general's name is?" He asked. "What's a general?" She asked.

~End Flashback~

"Aha," I sheepishly grumbled as Hercules groaned. "I don't think it's safe to keep her inside the camp," He stated. "I agree," John immediately butted in.

"I don't," Lafayette declined. "But why?" John groaned as a loose hanging curl made its way to his right eye. "Because she doesn't look that dangerous. If we keep a close eye on her, I think we can make it work," he explained. "I don't know what you're gonna do, but I'm not gonna babysit a girl," John scoffed and folded his arms. "I really don't want to agree with John at the moment," I stated as John rolled his eyes. "But he's right," I sighed.

"Maybe we can find someone in the city to take her in," Hercules suggested." That's a good idea!" Lafayette agreed. "Who's willing to take cretin into their home?" John asked as I rolled my eyes. 

"Cretin?" Lafayette asked. "Just a synonym for a dumb person-" I sighed and rubbed my eyes. "John, what's your problem?" I asked, folding my arms. "I have a bad feeling about her," He grumbled. I threw his conclusion in the trash and turned to Hercules. 

"You know the city, do you know anyone who can take her in? An unmarried woman or elderly person?" I asked as he put his pointer finger to his chin. He was deep in thought as he seemed to match a person fitting the description.

"Yeah," He finally mumbled. "There's this girl, she's around 16-17. She lives alone around the town square. She came to get her dress repaired a few times," Hercules explained as I listened intensely. "I think her name was something with Lewis," He pondered.

"You mean Maria Lewis?" John asked. I turned towards him. "How do you know her?" I asked skeptically as he rolled his eyes. "Chill! I've seen her in town a few times. I once talked to her to ask directions," He explained nonchalantly.

(I'm fully aware Maria should've been 8 years old around this time. But this is my fanfiction and we gotta shuffle some things to make it interesting, right?)