~~Chapter 12: Preps and depths~~

"EY!" I yelled as I lightly tapped Laurens' cheek. "Laurens," I plead as I continued tapping his cheek. I slowly began to panic. "Wake up!" I begged and shook his shoulders. He didn't even twitch. I began to bite at my fingernails.

Out of total panic, I slapped him right in the face.

That seemed to do the trick.

"F*CK!" He cursed as he shot up. I took 5 steps back. He deeply inhaled and exhaled as he looked around. "What?" He asked himself as he rubbed his head. "I'm not..." He mumbled. "Dead?" He asked and averted his eyes up, making direct eye contact with me. "You." He hissed. I yelped and took another step backward. "What the f*ck did you do to me?" He yelled at me. I whimpered. "You fainted," I quickly explained. He inhaled to say something but choked on his own words.

"What...Happened?" He finally asked as he looked at me. "...You were walking towards the lake but fainted mid-way," I began as I slowly felt the sweat run down my spine. "I found you when I came back from bathing and dragged you here to splash some water on your face," I finished and averted my eyes towards him.

"..." He stayed quiet to ponder for a bit. "I guess that I do have a gap in my memory," He admitted which made me internally relax a bit more. He stayed quiet after that. He eventually stood up and began to walk away.

I slowly sighed.

"Hey Y/N," I heard behind me. I looked up and saw Laurens, half turned towards me. We made an unbreakable eye contact. "...Thanks," He mumbled and turned his back towards me. He walked off and left me alone.

I was stunned.

I slowly began to smile. With a light heart, I slowly walked back to the tent. Behind me, I could see the sun begin to rise in the corner of my eye. The lake slowly reflected all the light in the forest. The short walk was enough for me to figure out what happened to Laurens.

I had noted that when I sang, Laurens fell into a trance and as soon as I stopped, he snapped back into reality. Which means that I'm not singing ever again. It almost killed him and I don't feel like killing anyone.

When I arrived in the tent, I saw Alexander sitting on his table and scratching on a paper with his quill. "Alex!" I greeted. He gave me a mumble in return. "What's up?" I asked him and leaned on the table. "Congress is being a wh*re a$$ b*tch," He grumbled. "And now in English please?" I asked. He grumbled. "Congress is stupid," He rephrased and wrote down a few quick sentences.

"Why?" I asked and sat down on his bed. "We need food! We need supplies. And they're refusing to hand more," He explained rotating his hand. "The Brits have enough food," He pointed out. "So steal from them," I stated as he stopped writing. He contemplated for like a second before his face lit up.

"Oh, my, Burrs," He beamed and turned his head to me. "That's an amazing idea!" He agreed. I immediately grew shy. "I-I didn't mean it-" "Y/N! This could be a game changer!" He grinned. I nervously uttered out a chuckle before he stood up and left. "Ho, boi," I grumbled underneath my breath.

~~A day later~~

"I look so cool!" I shrieked as I looked in the mirror. A sheepish Hercules stood behind me. He rubbed his neck with a sigh. "It's just a uniform," He finally pointed out.

The guys did not want me to be separated from them at any point of the trip to the Schuyler household. But they couldn't exactly make me blend into the big group of soldiers with a big ball gown. So blending in like a male for the night seemed like the perfect decision.

So Hercules tailored up a uniform for me and told me to flatten my chest so it would be less obvious. He also told me to bind up my hair if needed into a more 'manly' hairstyle.

When it was time, they snuck me into the cavalry with them and we drove off to the Schuyler mansion! I still don't know what it means, but Alexander just told me it was a very big house.

Confident as to knowing the definition of a house, I looked around the Calvary. People were talking and laughing, slightly tipsy from the leftover rum they drank an hour ago.

I tasted it and it tasted horrible. It made my spine go straight up and my head dizzy. It was stupidly disgusting. And I mean stupidly as in horrible. It tasted like I was ingesting the warmth of a candlelight. Pure flames.

When we arrived, I just was amazed by all these warm colors flooding outside of the house. There were candles everywhere to make everything visible enough for everyone. The fact that I was utterly in love with the look of candles would make it impossible for me to concentrate on anything!

I stepped out the cavalry and followed the group of 4 men inside. My eyes looked at every nook and cranny of the mansion. It was just so amazing to me. I stood still and looked at the big chandelier in the income hall. "Y/N," Lafayette whispered making me snap out my daze. "Uh...Coming!" I reassured him as I picked up the pace and caught up with them.

You can't even imagine how my mind was blown when we entered the ballroom.

My mouth dropped in awe. When Laurens passed me, he lightly chuckled and put his hand under my chin to close my mouth. He then walked further alongside the other guys. I lightly shook my head and cheekily smiled. 

I hopscotched towards them and started walking normally again when I did. "So, what are we supposed to do here?" I asked, looking around a bit. "Just do what you want but don't break anything," Alexander explained with a slight smirk playing on his face. "Sounds good!" I chuckled and walked off having no idea where I was going.

(HAPPY BIRTHDAY HERCULES AND ANGELICA HAMILTON!)