35

The store was painted baby green with accents of dark navy green on the posts. It looked like a green house, but so much better.

"After you." Brendon said winking at me as he held the door open for me.

As soon as I stepped inside my heart speed up. It was beautiful.

Plants hanging from the ceiling, in great shape. Plants in planters. Plants on every side of the room. And then there were fairy lights hanging all around the store

"Welcome to 'pax et oro'." Brendon said grinning widely.

"What does that mean-"

"Is that Brendon I hear?" I jumped at the loud voice coming from the back of the room.

"Yes it is!" Brendon brushed past me and I turned to see him hug a man who was much taller than him. "Uncle Jon, this is my boyfriend Ryan." I smiled and blushed at how Brendon introduced me.

"Hey Ryan, I'm Jon, Jon Walker." He stuck his hand out. I grabbed his hand and shook it. He looked about our age so I was confused on how he was Brendon's uncle, and how he didn't have the same last name.

"We have a big family." Brendon chuckled. Jon punched his shoulder.

"I was three when this was born. Knew he was gay, before I knew what gay was. It's a pleasure to meet you." Jon clapped his hand on my shoulder. I smiled shyly and blushed as Brendon's hand reached for mine.

"What does the name m-mean?" I asked. My voice cracked and I bit my lip and hung my head.

"Peace and Pray in Latin." Jon said smiling.

"Oh cool, you know Latin?" I asked squeezing Brendon's hand tighter.

"Yeah, studied it for three years, learned about Ancient Rome for another three years. Loved it, best high school class ever." Jon said as he watered the little cactus at his desk.

"Do you have any Cacti?" Brendon asked.

"It's actually not called Cacti because it doesn't originate from Latin or Greek so it would be Cactuses." I said blushing as Brendon looked at me and gave me a lopsided grin.

"Marry him." Jon said before disappearing under his desk and came up with a tray full of tiny Cactuses.

"Look Ry look!" Brendon said grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the plants.

"I like that one." I said pointing to a small one with a tiny blue flower on top.

"She's bloomed before the rest." Jon said giving a small smile at the cactus. I could tell he cared a lot about his plants.

"How much?" Brendon asked bringing his head a little ways away from all the cactuses.

"For Ryan? free. For you? Twelve dollars. But if I come over for thanksgiving and she's dead I'm gonna murder you." Jon said pointing a finger at Brendon. Brendon smiled and pointed to a taller one with no flower.

"I want that one." Brendon said. Jon picked both of them up carefully and transferred them to a different plastic container.

"Twelve dollars." Jon said smiling as Brendon handed him a Twenty. "I'm keeping it all." Jon laughed as he shoved the money in his pocket. "Take good care of him." Jon said to me patting my shoulder before hanging me the cactuses. "And take good care of them too."

A/N
Omg
I love this chapter
Listen to 26 by Paramore while reading this chapter it really sets the mood
My classmates tried to plan a hangout today but too many ppl said they couldn't go so it didn't end up happening but it seemed like it would be cool
I actually had trouble breathing and was shaking once I got the text from one of the kids at my school
I didn't know what to do honestly
The gc isn't active now so ig that's good🤷‍♀️
also yes I had to pull out my latin textbook to find the word for pray I forgot what it was ok???
Also I went out to lunch today with my mother and I order SUSHI RICE and then I was brought NORMAL RICE and mind you I said 'may I have a bowl of SUSHI RICE?' And she said yes and then when I asked for sushi rice she goes 'no, you said just rice' and I almost lost it I was so hungry
But I took three candies from the register so ha
•Song Suggestion•: 26 by Paramore
•Fun Fact•: I get mad easily oops
Anyways

~enjoy killjoys~