Nine

A terrible side effect of the medications I take is lack of sleep. That is why it is currently 3:23 in the morning and I haven't been to sleep yet. I've just been watching random movies on TV and working on all my homework, I finished all my work and bonus work for this week and am about a third of the way done with my work for the week coming up.

"Okay, I need to stop," I say to myself after pressing submit on another assignment. I close my laptop and stand up from the desk chair, I moved to the chair a few hours ago sitting in bed was hurting my back. I sigh and look at my phone. It's 3:30 in the morning.

"I guess I'll go work out," I say to no one while walking to my suitcase of clothes grabbing a pair of black leggings that are my absolute favorite pair, a black Nike sports bra, and a clean short-sleeved T-shirt that I got for free from school. I walk to the bathroom and quickly change leaving on my underwear because I put a clean pair on after my shower and leaving my hair in the braids. Once I'm changed I walk back to my duffel throwing the clothes I just took off on top and digging to find a pair of non-fuzzy socks plus either my running shoes or my converse. I can't actually remember if I packed tennis shoes on this trip. Harry wanted me to come to some dinner with him in California so I left Thursday after class since I don't have Friday classes I went to the benefit with Harry Friday night and then flew to New York City on Saturday for the wedding was supposed to stay with my ex Saturday night then ride home with him Sunday afternoon getting me back to my apartment in time to finish homework and shower before heading to bed so that I can get up for class on Monday. But clearly, that didn't work out to plan.

I packed a bunch of kinda random stuff for this trip and apparently running shoes were not included. So I just put on the short ankle socks I found followed by my well-loved once black low top converse that I only wear socks with when I'm working out as weird as that sounds. Once I have shoes on I put on deodorant quickly then grab my iPad, earbuds, water bottle, room key, and trash from dinner so it can stop smelling up my room before and head towards first a trash can and then to the gym that I believe, and am hoping, is open 24/7. After throwing away my trash I make the stupid decision to take the stairs down to the main floor which is 14 floors and while walking I plug my earbuds into my iPad and groan. I hate carrying this thing. But I get on Music and just put it on shuffle.

***Time skip***

Thankfully I found the gym and it was not only open but also empty so I could work out, without earbuds attached to an iPad, without being interrupted. I got a nice 5 mile run in on the treadmill, full ab and booty workout that included about 100 squats of different kinds and a nice 50 flights of stairs climbed on the stair master. Plus a little weight training for arms and legs. Damn, I just did a full-body workout in under 3 hours including stretching. I am good. But now I have to get ready to head back to Tennessee. When I get back to my room I dig through my suitcase to find the outfit I had to put the least amount of effort into. Which it looks like I am already wearing and sweat in. Yay. Okay plan B. I grab my ripped jeans from the plane ride yesterday, a grey Nike cowl neck hoodie (above), fuzzy socks, and my black Sperry rain boots that I wore flying out to California. God, I bring to many shoes with me even though I don't bring the right shoes. I also grab my black VS push up bra from yesterday putting the straps back on since I had them off with my sweater.

Once I have all of that I grab my hair/makeup bag and walk to the bathroom to get ready shutting the door behind me. I turn on the shower fully hot water and while that warms up I get out my body wash and face wash to just take a quick shower after that workout. After spending about 5 minutes under the hot water I step out immediately wrapping myself in the towel before stepping into my underwear and sliding my bra on then turn the water off, hot water means steam which warms up freezing bathrooms. Next, I put on my fuzzy socks, jeans, and hoodie and yes it was in that order. I clean a spot off on the mirror and check my hair. Surprisingly the braids aren't to messed up so I decide to just spray them with some sea salt spray and hairspray to tame a few of my flyaways. Next, I put on moisturizer and chapstick debating on calling that good on my makeup. But since I am meeting up with Harry I need at least a little more so I quickly put on concealer, eyeliner in a baby wing, mascara, and my rose pink lipstick. I take my contacts out, I had them out for a while last night but my glasses got annoying so I put them back in, slide my glasses on.