Fifty-Four

"Why didn't you tell me this was the day your mom passed away?" Garrett asks as we get off the elevator on our floor

"I didn't want it to be the focus of the day" I shrug shoving the door to our room open "I knew it was going to be a big day for you since you were seeing Heather today. I didn't need you spending all day making sure I was okay all day."

"That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard," Garrett says shutting the door as I am putting my backpack on the bed and plugging my phone in along with my Apple Watch "You are the whole focus. The whole reason I am here right now is because of you. If it wasn't for you I would have told Heather to go fuck herself when she talked to me and I sure as hell would not be in Walt Disney World meeting up with her. You being here and supporting me gave me the strength to do this. Why the hell would you ever think I wouldn't be making sure you were okay?" He asks and I shrug

"I don't know, babe. I really don't. I wasn't thinking straight and I am sorry. Can you get me something to eat?" I ask he nods rushing to all of the snacks grabbing a bunch of different things bringing them back to me.

"I didn't know what you wanted" he admits

"Thank you" I chuckle unwrapping a protein bar

"Do you always go to the same park on this day? Or is it just whatever park you want?"

"Um, I pretty much have always gone to Epcot since Epcot was mommy's favorite park. I also try to go to the Magic Kingdom at some point, because that was her second favorite." I explain starting to tear up

"I know it doesn't help but I am so sorry for your loss." Garrett tells me as he pulls me up with him, pulling me close to him as he puts his hands on either side of my face before he gives me a sweet tender but still passionate kiss "I love you Kasey Elizabeth" He smiles giving me a hug after breaking the kiss I just smile and sit back down. I decide that now is the best time to post the picture Garrett took of me in Epcot (the picture at the top of chapter 52) on social media along with the last picture of me and my mommy in front of the Epcot ball from the last time we were here, right before she passed away. I made sure to put Epcot as the location and to tag Garrett in the post before adding the caption...

'Mommy, I miss you 😭💔 I hope I make you proud with every single thing I do and I hope I am becoming the daughter you always wished for and more than you ever could have imagined a daughter being. I don't know how I have survived the last 8 years without you and every year without you is harder than the one before. I am still figuring out how to live in this world without you and I hate that fact. I would do anything to be able to spend one more day at Epcot with you but I know that you are always here with me leading me down the right path. I love you, Mommy❤️❤️❤️😭'

I read through the caption a few times making sure everything sounds okay before posting it. I lock my phone letting the tears fall and just sitting there watching Garrett pacing on the balcony and rolling his eyes while he on the phone. After a few more seconds of just sitting there, I decided to get up and head to the bathroom to fix myself up before we go into The Magic Kingdom for the night. When I get to the bathroom I shut the door, do my business, wash my hands, take my contacts out, take my makeup off, wash my face, take off my knee brace, check and clean my wound/scar thing. Once all that is done I put deodorant on again followed by more Raspberry Vanilla lotion and the matching body spray before doing my makeup all over again. I just put on concealer, powder, curl my eyelashes, put on mascara, do a baby winged eyeliner, and finish the look with my usual rose-colored matte liquid lipstick we are still going into the park and I am still taking pictures so I still want to look semi-decent. After my makeup is done I slide my glasses on, check my hair deciding to completely redo it the same way as before with the same French/Dutch braid type thing going like across my hairline then into a regular braid pulling the rest of the hair into a messy ponytail up high on my head, then I slide my original rose gold Minnie Mouse ears back on, and put my knee brace back on making sure it is tightened all the way since it started getting loose earlier. I clean up everything in the bathroom and I walk out as Garrett is walking back in from the balcony and has a seat at the end of the bed just flopping down.