Twenty-Eight

After Garrett is gone I take a better look around the room. It is just the typical guy's dorm room. There is a lofted bed attached to a wardrobe on each side of the long and skinny room. On the right side of the room under the bed, there is a futon couch and the other side is a TV on top of a small table thing underneath the TV is an Xbox and everything you need for that. On one side of the TV, there is a minifridge and a microwave and a rolling shelf on wheels thing, and then on the other side, there is another rolling shelf on wheels things that has a coffee maker on top of it. Right inside the door, but like behind it when you open the door is two dressers stacked on top of each other. At the end of each of the beds but with space for the wardrobes to open there are desks with little hutches on top of them. There are little things around the room too like those saucer chairs, some Christmas lights hung up attached to each of the beds, one laundry basket that is empty and one that is full, a mirror that normally goes over the door is leaning up against the wall between the Garretts desk and the dressers, and a few Rubbermaid tote boxes piled up in the corner directly when you walk in the room with a vacuum cleaner next to it. There are also unopened cases of Gatorade, water, and pop next to the totes along with some bigger Cosco sized boxes of snacks. Which makes sense since it is a guy dorm.

I slide my shoes off, stacking them on top of each other and leaving them on the mat by the door. I go ahead and sit down on the futon taking out my phone to see what Beth texted me.

From: Beth🖤 - Harry is mad at you for a lot of reasons. He texted me asking what your plans were. I told him I didn't know.

From: Beth🖤 - Did you turn your location off for him?

From: Beth🖤 - How did meeting Garrett go? 😉

To: Beth🖤 - What did you tell Harry?

To: Beth🖤 - Yes, my location is off for him.

To: Beth🖤 - I was going to call him in a minute

To: Beth🖤 - And it went well. It was kinda awkward, which I was expecting. He paid for my parking carried my bags into his dorm, and meet his roommate. But then he had to leave for football practice so now I am just hanging out in the dorm until he gets back.

After pressing send I grab the Xbox controller from the floor and go to Netflix. I go to Garrett's profile and find 'The Office' and skipping ahead to season 3 which is where I am currently. I press play and look around the room again. It is not a mess but it is also not clean, which makes me kind of want to clean it, maybe one day this week I will clean and organize this place. I grab my phone and call Harry only to get his voicemail.

"Hey, it's me. I am sorry about earlier. I am still, I dunno upset? With you and Anne for what you did. And just I am not in the mood to talk to you guys. But um I am currently at a new friend's campus visiting them until Sunday. Don't worry I am being careful. Beth has my location and gave me rules for this visit. And I have been texting, snaping, FaceTiming, and calling with this guy for the past almost 2 weeks and I trust him. Plus I am a smart person, believe it or not, I know how to leave when something is wrong. I'm sorry, I didn't tell you but I didn't want to lecture. I will have my phone but I do not want you blowing it up texting and calling me. Please. But I will text you. Okay um anyways. Bye curly. Love you" I say then hang up the phone.

From: Beth🖤 - I just told Harry that you have plans and that it wasn't up to me to tell him. Smart move turning your location off but he is going to kill you

From: Beth🖤 - Why are you just sitting in his dorm? Isn't that awkward? But at least he is a gentleman! Carrying your stuff and paying for your parking.

From: Beth🖤 - Did he at least clean his dorm?

I laugh and answer Beth

To: Beth🖤 - I called Harry and left him a message that kinda-sorta explained things. But whatever. I am an adult and I am allowed to be mad at him for deciding to press charges against my EX without telling me. I probably didn't tell you that part. But yeah.