Fourteen

"What about this?" I ask showing Beth another house for rent. We both decided we wanted to rent a house, condo, or townhouse over another apartment just so that we can have more room. Our requirements are 3 bedrooms, at least one and a half bathrooms, 2 car garage, and at least a little yard because I am getting a puppy. Beth does not know that I am getting a puppy yet but I am going to get a puppy, and I'm sure she won't care.

"That's cute. How many bedrooms?" Beth asks looking up from her homework

"3 bedrooms. 2 upstairs and one in the finished basement. It has all appliances included, heating and air, 1250 square feet, it is 500 dollars a month per person, utilities not included, pet-friendly, 3 car garage" I read off the listing "want to set up an appointment to take a tour?" I ask taking a sip of my now-cold Starbucks.

"Just take a tour of all of them. Give us options plus it is just fun to look at things." Beth shrugs I nod and do what I have to do. I set up to visit 5 houses. One of them is actually to buy not rent but I could buy it, renovate it just make it more modern and then lease it once I graduate or put it back up on the market to sell again. And that way me and Beth would just split utilities and not rent as well. After doing that, knowing that one of them is bound to be our pick, I start looking at baton competitions finding a few smaller ones to register for as my welcome back before registering for bigger ones.

"We are going to head back," Harry says after a while

"Are you guys going to walk?" I ask looking up from my notes. I've been making flashcards and rewriting my notes while listening to music for quite a while now. I take messy handwritten notes in class then rewrite them after class making them neat, colorful, and organized while also making flashcards about the important things as I go.

"No, Uber. Just heading back to the apartment to get the rental then down to the house but we will come back tomorrow once you are done in class." Harry tells me and I nod

"Okay." I stand up and hug them "Text me when you make it home" I add

"Of course Bean" Harry mumbles "See ya Beth" Harry adds waving before walking away

"Bye guys," Lou says following Harry out

"Can we order food to the library?" Beth asks me I shrug

"I really don't know, "I say checking my phone. It is 8:30 at night now so we should probably get food. I look around the library, it is not empty but not full either.

"If we can't do you mind heading back to the apartment soon? Getting food first, of course, then just studying back there." Beth asks

"Yeah sure. It is up to you" I shrug

"Then can we just go get something? I am starving" Beth laughs and I nod starting to clean up my books and everything

"What are we getting?" I ask while cleaning everything up

"Taco Bell?" she suggests

"Sure why not" I laugh

"Why do you say it like that?" She asks zipping up her backpack

"I have not had Taco Bell since high school. Like football season senior year" I explain putting my laptop in my backpack then zipping my backpack as well sliding it onto my back.

"That's a lie"

"Nope. I haven't had Taco Bell in years. I would go all the time after band so then I just didn't want to go anymore"

"Dang" Beth laughs as we both brace ourselves to walk out in the cold. We walk in silence to the car and driving to Taco Bell just listening to music. We make it to Taco Bell fairly quickly and head inside to order.

"What can I get you?" The worker asks me and Beth and I just stare so Beth orders first thankfully.

"Can I get a nachos fries box with the Baja blast to drink?" Beth asks and the employee nods typing it in the computer "Oh and to go please"

"Anything else?" He asks and Beth shakes her head handing him her card to pay and I roll my eyes because I was going to buy for her. "That'll be ready in a few minutes," he tells Beth handing her card back as well as the receipt. "And for you?" He asks

"Um, can I get an order of nacho fries and one of the shredded chicken mini quesadillas, please?" I ask

"Anything to drink?"

"No thank you," I say and hand him my card he swipes it and then hands it back

"You're all set. Your food will be ready in a second" he tells me I nod and go over to wait with Beth

*****TIME SKIP*****

After Taco Bell, which I now remember why I ate there every single week for like 4 years, I and Beth went home and to our separate rooms. I immediately shut and lock my door before going to turn my heated blanket on. I grab my laptop and charger from my backpack and plug that in so it can be charged for class in the morning. Next, I grab clean underwear, a pair of fuzzy pajama pants, and a random T-shirt to sleep in. Once I have all that I walk into the bathroom to take a quick shower. After my shower I put on my vanilla-scented lotion, deodorant, vanilla body spray then pull on clean underwear, fuzzy pajama pants, my T-shirt, and a pair of fuzzy socks. Once I'm dressed I put my everyday jewelry then start on my hair.

First, I spray in my leave-in conditioner, next I put some skinny serum de-frizz stuff that not only works pretty great but also smells heavenly. Once those are both in my hair I brush through it before putting on my hair towel turban thing so it can dry a little bit without shaking in a towel for forever. But since that is up and I don't have to worry about it I hang up my wet towels before picking up my dirty clothes and walking out of the bathroom throwing my dirty clothes in my hamper that stays in my closet. Next, I start working on repacking my backpack for classes in the morning just making sure I have my notebooks, my folders, my planner, my books for class, my extra laptop charger, my extra phone charger, pens, pencils, highlighters, and just everything that stays in my backpack or I need for class. But before putting my planner into my black under armor storm 2 backpack, with the Under Armor logo rhinestoned of course, I grab my expo markers and update my weekly calendar that hangs on my wall. On that calendar is all of my assignments that are due for the week as well as just things to remember like club meetings and just things like that.

After that's all updated and my backpack is repacked I grab my baton bag and unzip it. It has 4 random batons, a pair of baton shoes, and some hair ties in it since it's not my big/full baton bag that I took to competitions it's the bag I took to football games/competitions in high school. Next, I walk to my dresser to grab a black Nike sports bra and a pair of black leggings from I don't remember where. Then I walk to my closet to grab a random tank top for in the morning. Once I have all of that I take it into the bathroom, fold it up, and set it on the edge of my bathroom counter for in the morning. Next, I brush my teeth, take my hair down, brush through it, shake it out, and then just leave it down. Before going to bed I take some Advil to try and prevent my bruises from becoming too bad I also grab one of my reusable ice packs from the freezer to put on my face to try and keep it from getting too bad. I can keep it on my face for 20-30 minutes while I mess around on my phone before falling asleep.

After all of that, I turn my heated blanket off, walk to my bed, unlock my phone which is laying on my bed so that I can have the light, before unplugging my white Christmas lights which are the only lights I had on in my room. Once those are off I climb into bed, double-check my alarms to make sure they are all on for the morning. My plan is to wake up, change, go to the gym to twirl, come back, change, then go to class. So let's see what happens. I lay in bed just scrolling through all of my social media.