Nineteen

Beth had literally everything out for me. And by everything I mean...

My laptop in its case, my iPad in its case on top of my laptop, my laptop charger, phone charger, watch charger, the charger for my portable charger, and my iPad charger are all wrapped up and in a pile next to my backpack. Also next to my backpack is a little ziplock baggy with a handful of the different sized batteries that I own. All of my art stuff which includes my multiple sketchbooks, my colored pens in a Vera Bradley bag from my "Cosmetic organizer set' in the 'Pueblo' pattern, planner accessories, paints, and canvases, colored pencils in a Vera Bradley bag from my "Cosmetic organizer set' in the 'Pueblo' pattern, sharpies in a Vera Bradley bag from my "Cosmetic organizer set' in the 'Pueblo' pattern, and coloring books is in a pile next to the cardboard box. The 'Cosmetic organizer set' came with the clear plastic bag that I use for bathroom stuff and then it had 3 makeup bags in different sized in it so I use the makeup bags for different things since I have 2 of the 'cosmetic organizer sets' I have lots of those bags. My school books for all my classes in a pile on the floor next to the cardboard box. Next to the cardboard box is also my grey 32oz hydro flask with the navy boot on it, my navy blue 32oz hydro flask with the watermelon colored boot on the bottom of it and the straw lid, and my mint blue large Yeti cup with a couple of reusable plastic straws in a clear plastic zip case.

All of my leggings, sweatpants, spandex shorts, pajama pants, Nike running shorts, hoodies, t-shirts, tank tops, sports bras, bralettes, normal bras, underwear, and fuzzy socks are piled on my bed.

Next to the two empty bags clear plastic Vera Bradley 'Cosmetic organizer set' both in the 'Pueblo' pattern, that I use whenever I travel, there is my hairbrush, the curly plastic hair ties that shrink back to shape, some regular hair ties, some of the plastic single-use tiny hair ties, shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner, the thing of hair mask/deep conditioner, dry shampoo, body wash, lotion, body spray, deodorant, razor, face wash, face scrub, blackhead strip things, toothbrush, toothpaste, whitening strips, KT tape, pre-wrap, medical tape, my contact case(s), contact solution, glasses case from Vera Bradley in the 'Pueblo' pattern, and my glasses cleaner wipes. Next to that pile is my 2 Vera Bradley 'large makeup brush & blush' bags in the 'Pueblo' pattern that have all of my makeup in them including some of my palettes.

There is a neat little gap between my bathroom stuff and the next pile. In the next pile which is by another Vera Bradley 'Brush up cosmetic case' in the 'Ziggy Zinna' pattern. There are my pillboxes, they are from in Vera Bradley in 3 different patterns and each pattern has different daily medicines in it. The 'Ziggy Zinna' pattern has my ADHD medicine and daily allergy medicine, the 'Pueblo' pattern has my daily meds for my Type 1 diabetes, and the last one is the 'Midnight Floral' pattern and has multiple days filled with ibuprofen, Midol, allergy medicine, and Advil cold & sinus medicine. Then there is another pile of all of my other diabetes medicines, finger pricker thingy, insulin, needles, and everything else Beth could find that goes along with that.

The last thing that she got together is my cactus tied fleece blanket that I made and my 'cuddle pillow' which is just an old pillow that is well used and I just like cuddling with it.

"I honestly cannot think of anything else to grab. Thank you so much!" I smile after going through everything. "Can I help you start packing things up?" I ask and both Beth and Harry both scream no. "Fine" I pout and sit back down at my desk chair. After looking over everything I realize I have a major obsession with Vera Bradley, especially with the 'Pueblo' patterns.

"Drink," Har says handing me one of my juice boxes that he already opened for me.

***Skipping watching them pack everything up***

"And done," Harry says opening my bedroom door after him and Beth took down everything that got packed up. "Come on?" he asks helping me stand up.

"Text me! I'll keep you updated on everything going on here." Beth tells me as we are walking to the front door. "Please get better soon." She adds

"Of course. But um. Do you still wanna go tour those places? You can just go without me and let me know which one you like best. I trust your judgment." I tell her "But just so you know one of the places I set up is a house to buy and not rent. That one I was thinking of purchasing, renovating, and selling it once we graduate." I add as the elevator heads down to the first floor.

"I'll still go and narrow it down. Once you feel better we can go see them together. But if you wanted to cancel the one that's to buy that'd be fine. I think that is one that you need to see and not necessarily me." She tells me and I nod "See ya!" She yells before me and Harry goes out from under the covered roof and out into the freezing rain before Harry helps me into his rental.

"Louis and I are coming up tomorrow to get your Jeep and to turn in the rental. As long as you don't mind me and Mom using your car while you can't." Harry says as we are leaving.

"I don't care. Just fill it when you are done." I shrug. "You know. I probably brought way to much stuff." I say dragging out the 'y' in way. "What is going to happen is me sitting in bed watching Netflix and not changing my clothes every day. And if I do change I am home with Momma so she'll end up doing my laundry constantly."

"You are not wrong. But where do you want to eat?" Harry asks changing the subject.

"Canes. And a milkshake."

"Okay. We can go to Sheetz and get milkshakes and then Raising Canes to get food."

***Skipping getting food and getting home***

"Do you need help getting changed?" Harry asks once we are in my room

"Yes. But it's awkward so no," I whine "Can you get me my laptop and plug in my chargers?" I ask nicely while sitting down in bed. Harry nods and starts getting out what I asked. Then he lays out my cactus blanket and covers me with it.

"Mom will get here in the morning. I am staying here tonight. Lou was here too but I don't know where he went. Are you just going to watch Netflix then go to bed?"

"I was going to email my professors first. Then watch Netflix and hopefully fall asleep."

"Why don't you wait until morning to email them?"

"Because I already scanned the doctor's note to myself and I have early classes. Also because I am in pain so I do what I want." I shrug knowing he can't beat that logic

"Fine. What are you going to do about school?"

"I was thinking about switching majors. I mean I have mostly just done the core classes so changing shouldn't put me back to far."

"Okay. Um. Why?"

"Because I was only majoring in this because I didn't think I could do anything else. I mean I only wanted to be a Sports Administration major that is minoring in Business and Event Planning who is also a Marketing Major minoring in Pre-Law because I was told I wasn't smart enough to be a major in anything else so I wanted to be an overachiever with it. And because it is what someone else wanted. I originally wanted to become a nursing major but was told I wasn't smart enough and wasn't going to succeed because of my own issues."

"If I ever see that guy again I am going to kill him. But also I want to kill you forever believing that you weren't smart enough to do anything. Or for believing that anything could ever stop you from succeeding." Harry explains "Become a nurse or a doctor. Do whatever the heck you wanna do. Just do it and kick ass while doing it."

"Okay, I am doing it. I am going to switch to be a Nurse." I make a note on my phone "Right after I email all of my teachers" Harry just smiles and nods.

'"I'll be downstairs. Text me or scream if you need anything." Harry says before kissing my forehead

"Thank you for doing all of this Curly. Love you."

"Of course Bean. Love you too." he smiles

Once he leaves I start typing up an email to send to my professors making sure to include a short version of what happened, my doctors note, the Xrays, and 2 of the pictures of the bruises they took at the hospital, one of my bruised face and one of my very bruised side. After I have that all typed out and proofread I send it to each of my professors individually. Then I start an email to someone in the college of nursing asking to set up a time to speak about me changing majors to nursing. In the email to the college of nursing, I also include a shortened version of what happened as an explanation as to why I cannot meet with them in person for the time being. Once I am done with all of the emails I turn 'Friends' on Netflix and eventually fall asleep.