Chapter nine

Brook's P.O.V

I'm currently hanging out with Jack underneath the same tree me, him, Rye and Andy used to hang out together. We invited Rye but he rejected our offer he says it brings back too many memories of Andy which I understand. I really want Andy to wake up and as soon as possible, Rye's broken without him, we all are.

Jack jumps up immediately, releasing his hand from mine, "can you hear that?" He whispers,
"Hear wha..."
"Shhhh" he cuts me off, I listen harder and can hear what sounds like someone screaming or more howling.
"What the hell?" I get up and start following the source of the noise,
"Wait!" Jack stops me "I don't think that's a good idea."
"Why isn't it?" I ask still whispering,
"It sounds like crying, screaming, if something bad is happening I don't want you getting hurt,"
"Cute," I half laugh with a smile "But I'm sure it's fine," I continue up the hill, jack following hesitantly behind me.

The closer we get the louder the noise does we can clearly tell it's someone crying, heavily crying.

When we reach the top of the hill we see someone rocking themselves backwards and forwards on there knees, sobbing loudly. I don't recognise who it was until I here Jack speak from behind me "Mikey?", he looks up and  looks up at me with his bright red eyes.

"Mikey what wrong? What's happened" I ask, he doesn't reply but tries to calm down his crying, trying to speak.
"Mikey? Tell us please," Jack says gently,
"It's... it's all... my fault" he manages to say,
"What is? What's your fault?"
"I... I caused the... car crash with An... Andy." He wipes away tears from his cheeks but new ones instantly replace them. "I tried to stop the car... but it was too late..."

I'm speechless I don't know what to say as many emotions rush through me. I'm angry that he put Andy in hospital but I can't help but feel sorry for him.

"And it's took you this long to feel the guilt?" Jack says blankly,
"I felt guilty from that day... it's just I went to the hospital... I was going to unplug the life support..." he breaks down in tears again, struggling for breath in between his sobs.
"You didn't did you?!" I ask,
"N...no of course not... I couldn't..."

"I'm going to get Rye," Jack rushes off quickly, I turn back to Mikey who's still on his knees on the ground.
"Why would you even think of doing that?"
"I thought when he woke up he'd tell the police... I don't want to go to prison..."
"So you were going to murder him instead?" I mutter,
"I'm sorry Brook... tell Jack, Rye and Andy when he wakes up... I'm sorry for everything..."

Hellooooo
So Mikey didn't do it!!!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter, tysm for reading I'll update soon
@tvrtnhc