Chapter 15: Illusions

Aphmau's POV:

My eyes widened, seeing the bolt of lightning shoot towards us. I barely noticed a slight azure gleam come from behind me somewhere but in the heat of the moment, I ignored it. Everything seemed to go in slow motion. Suddenly I felt a hand pull me down from behind. Since they pulled me downwards, I was expecting to hit the ground or land on top  of someone but it felt like I just continued falling.

What felt like five milliseconds later, I was kneeling on the ground, along with everyone else. We all stared at each other in disbelief before hearing someone panting heavily near us. The group turned to see Cory on his hands and knees, panting and sweating as if he just ran fifty miles.
"Cory!" Sky and Shelby cried in unison, rapidly rushing to the boys side only for the rest of us to follow seconds after.
"Are you ok?!" Sky panicked, this probably being the first time he's been in one of these situations, not that the rest of  us were any better though. "What happened?! Why are you- wait where's your mask?" He asked the last question in a slightly calmer tone, due to his surprise. Cory quickly caught his breath again before answering.
"It's takes up a lot of energy keeping up an illusion, hiding us with said illusion AND shadow travelling THAT fast WITH all of you at the same time!" He replied, panting some more afterwards as we all stared at him in awe.

"So that's why you're eye's glowing again." Ross muttered to himself quietly but loud enough for us to hear. We all started paying attention to Cory's left eye. He averted his eyes, covering the one we were staring at and mumbling, partly to himself, partly to us.
"It's not that interesting...jeez..."
"But it looks so pretty!" I exclaimed before swiftly covering my mouth. "Th-they can't hear us right?" The blonde simply shook his head, keeping his eye covered.

Third Person POV:

Cory's right eye was still visible to us since that one was his regular eye. It was a normal shade of blue with a darker ring around the outside of the iris. Like common blue eyes.

His left was the one that contained magic, according to him anyway. Whenever he was casting an illusion, or just letting out any sense of magic, his eye would glow. It was a beautiful, vibrant azure blue colour, hence the reason for the blue tint to the lightning strike earlier and the azure flash that Aphmau saw behind her.

 It was a beautiful, vibrant azure blue colour, hence the reason for the blue tint to the lightning strike earlier and the azure flash that Aphmau saw behind her

The glow could still be seen by the others as it couldn't be completely covered by Cory's hand.
"Say Cory? Why do you even bother wearing that mask?" Max questioned, trying to take his attention off of Cory's eye.
"I already told you. I have to because of this." He replied, clearly referring to his magic he was born with.

Shelby's POV:

Out of nowhere we heard a maniacal laugh. When we saw the reason for the laugh a dark pit appeared in my stomach. Illusions of our bodies, unconscious but still radiating electric from the strike. Even though I knew it wasn't real, just seeing my friends like that made me want to ball my eyes out and help them...
"What a fri-idging sicko..." Aph growled, venom dripping from her words as she just managed to catch herself before cursing. "Can we go somewhere else?"
"How about the blossom tree again?" Ross suggested, earning a nod of agreement from everyone as they stood up.

Sky helped Cory stand and threw his arm over his shoulder, helping him walk since he was still exhausted.
"I'm not a baby Sky..." Cory told him, accepting his help anyway. "I can walk by myself..."
"Not in this state you can't." Sky retorted in a stern voice, but soon changing in to a bright tone and a smile. "Anyway you saved us so I gotta pay you back somehow!" I couldn't help but smile at the two boys. Sure they fight most of the time but they really do care a lot for each other, even if they don't always show it.
"Watcha smiling at?" A curious voice appeared from behind me, poking their head over my shoulder. It was Max. Before I replied I quickly glanced at the two boys again and then looked back at Max with yet another bright smile.
"It's nothing! Let's go!" I grabbed his hand and we ran to catch up with the others.

Time Skip: The Outside Area

Sky's POV:

"Race you guys to the top!" Max yelled to the girls and Ross as he darted up the hill.
"Oh it's on!" Aph laughed and sprinted after him, the other two following soon after. Me and Cory just laughed at them and proceeded to walk up the grass, towards the others and the tree.

When we reached the top, I  sat on the grass joining everyone else while Cory laid down near us but closer to the tree trunk. I glanced at him and continued speaking with everyone else. I gazed upwards, only to see over a million sakura petals hanging from the branches of the tree. Personally, I thought it was really pretty. One slowly fell down and landed on the tip of my nose, causing me to sneeze.
"Bless you." Cory smirked in amusement with his eyes closed. What's so funny about me sneezing? I have no idea but I thanked him anyway. I propped my self up by putting my hands behind me and continued to admire the view while the others continued talking.

 I propped my self up by putting my hands behind me and continued to admire the view while the others continued talking

Sorry if this chapter kinda sucked! I may have started running out of ideas near the end...Hope you enjoyed anyway! :3