Chapter 3: Officially A Subject

Maxs POV:
I woke up staring at the dull grey ceiling. I could hear three voices. Two of them were boys but i didnt recognise them. The other was Shelby. I sat up and looked around, when I turned my vision towards the voices they looked at me. I was right, two boys and Shelby. Shelby looked happy to see I was awake.
"Max! Youre ok!" She smiled relieved. "Also you might wanna feel your head or look in the mirror." One of the boys said while pointing to an old dusty mirror. He had brown hair with brown eyes to match. He also had LION EARS AND A TAIL! I ruffled my hair with my hand, trying to feel for anything there. Suddenly I felt something fluffy on my head...THEY WERE EARS! Red fox ears to be exact! Now that I actually look at them... Shelby and the other boy had ears to! Shelbys ears were cat ears that were a snow white colour and the blonde boy had 1: A CAMERA FOR A FACE and 2: he had wolf ears that were a dark grey, almost black, colour.
"SHELBY WHATS GOING ON?!" I asked, more like yelled out of confusion.
"They told me it's something to do with some sort of experiment." She explained, gesturing to the two boys. "Oh by the way this is Sky" She pointed the the boy with brown hair, "and this is Cory." She pointed to the camera-faced boy. Of course she already made friends.
Some explanations later...
Ok so apparently we are part of an experiment about hybrids and we were later going to obtain special powers to go with our ears and tails. What kind of sick people would do this to KIDS...?

After everyone wakes up...
Ross POV:
We were all just talking and getting along when the door slammed open. Seeing who was stood there Cory and Sky quickly ran in front of us, trying to protect us from the guards. The guards just threw them aside like they were nothing. Eight guards were here even though there was only six of us but when they took us away I understood why. Aphmau and Max. Those two were fighters so the guards were smart and sent two for each of them, however me and Shelby only had one guard each because we just quietly went along with it. After we reached another one of those lab area thingies with the tables they strapped us all down again.
"What are you gunna do to us this time ya jerks!?" Aph yelled. They just ignored her and walked over to Shelby with another syringe but this time the liquid was purple. The scientist injected it into Shelby but she didnt pass out this time...she did scream in pain though.
"SHELBY!!" Aphmau and Max screamed in union. Next was Max. He was injected but he didnt scream. He was just panting really heavily.
"Max?! Whats happening?" I asked desperately.
"M-my head..." He looked like he was in a lot of pain... "It hurts. A lot..."
"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" Aphmau exclaimed as the scientist made his way towards her with the syringe. He obviously didnt listen and injected her anyway. She screamed in pain as well. I guess Shelbys scream just sounded worse because it was so high-pitched.

Corys POV:
When the others were taken Sky was really mad. He even punched a wall! Thats usually my thing! I tried to calm him down but nothing was working.
"STUPID GUARDS!" He growled while kicking a little rock across the room.
"You need to calm down Sky." I told him.
"HOW CAN I CALM DOWN?!" He yelled.
"..."
"I cant watch anyone else have to go through this Cory..."
"I know. But they're a bunch of strong kids. They will be fine." Sky went silent for a couple seconds so I continued.
"I know I don't usually care about others that much but you need to trust me this time. Ok?" I smiled at him.
"...How are you so good at this after TWO YEARS of not communicating?" He asked jokingly, grinning back at me. I know he doesn't like seeing people go through this and he tries his best to help people that have to. He's actually a really good person that I'm glad to now be friends with. Sky seemed so relieved when the others got back. I can tell why, a lot of people don't survive gaining their powers.
"Weeeeee'reeeee baaaacccckkkk~" Shelby sang happily.
"We're glad you guys are alright!" Sky exclaimed.
"Yeah." I put my hand on Skys shoulder. He looked at me and smiled brightly.
"I told ya they'd be alright," I whispered to him.
"Yeah, you did." He whispered back, still smiling.
"Hey look!" Max laughed, setting his hand on fire.
Shelby giggled. Little white love hearts floated around her as she did something with her hands. Aphmau had a purple glow surrounding her as she giggled along with Shelby. Sky started to fly around and Ross was turning invisible and back again. I stayed back a bit because I didn't want to interrupt their happiness with my shadow powers.
"Cory cmon! What powers do you have?" Max asked while still playing around with fire.
"Mines shadows but I don't wanna ruin your fun with darkness so-"
"SHH, we don't care what your power is! Come join us!" Shelby grabbed my hand and pulled me over to everyone else. I decided to just do a little shadow travel around the room. I went and stood in the shadow and turned back to everyone else. Two golden eyes were visible from the shadows, they then closed as I teleported behind Sky and scared him from behind.
"RAHH!" I screamed as I walked out behind him. He jumped so high he hit the roof...literally. It was hilarious. After that everyone was just playing around with their powers and getting used to them.