Now or Never (M&R POV)

Max and Ross crept towards the safe room with caution, this probably being one of the riskiest things that they had ever done. Along the way, Ross had noticed Max occasionally shooting him worried glances, though he didn't think much of it. When the two had finally arrived Max pulled him aside. Ross stared at his friend, clearly confused since there were no guards yet. The fox hybrid let out a sigh before looking up at his best friend.
"This is going to be really risky..." He started, waiting until Ross let him know that it was okay to continue. "You better be careful, alright?"

Once again, Ross was confused. Max had never worried this much about them doing things like this before; why was this time any different?
"What's wrong Max?" The boy asked, knowing that this wasn't normal for his red-headed friend.
"What do you mean?" He questioned, not breaking the eye contact between them.
"You're never like this." Ross told him sternly, causing Max to avert his eyes. "We've done stuff like this before and you aren't usually this worried. Yeah this is a little different but still..."

Max turned his head back towards Ross, their eyes connecting again.
"Ross have you seen the people that have tried to escape before?" As a response, his partner shook his head. "I'll rephrase that... Have you seen the people with the huge scars on their body?" Ross' eyes widened, suddenly realising where Max was going with this.
"Y-yeah I have... Did they..?" He stuttered, Max finishing his sentence for him.
"They tried to escape." He said morbidly, a chill travelling down his spine. "The cuts are infused with magic. Not even the girls could heal them...They just have to deal with it until it scars."

Max walked down the hallway, getting shoved about a little by the crowd. After a while he had found his way out into a more empty hall. He gave a sigh of relief as he gazed around subconsciously, his eyes not landing on anything in particular. He then began walking again, on his way back to their room. A couple of minutes later he passed a girl who had crimson red blood dripping from her arm, staining her sleeve and splashing silently onto the ground. Immediately Max stopped her.
"Woah are you ok?!"  He asked, slightly panicked. "What happened to your arm?!" The girl turned to him and gave him a pained smile. She then carefully pulled up her sleeve, revealing a large, deep cut down her arm.
"We tried to get out..." The girl chuckled softly. "As you can see it clearly didn't work. They caught us just as we were about to go through the doors."

The boy just gave her a small nod, signalling for her to continue. "None of us were killed but this was the punishment."
"I can get my friends to heal you. They were given healing powers as part of their magic."
"That won't work silly. It's infused with magic. Thank you though." The girl flinched and let out a small gasp in pain as some other hybrids ran past her, bumping into her slightly. Instinctively, Max quickly checked if she was alright before shouting at the group of teenagers.
"HEY WATCH IT." They yelled back a quick apology before continuing to run. The girl assured him that she was okay and thanked him, walking away.

The boys rounded the corner and ran towards the door silently. They were surprised with the lack of guards there and how easy it was to sneak in. Ross was first to enter the room, turning invisible in case of any cameras. After making sure the coast was clear, he signalled that it was alright for Max to enter. Looking around, it took them a little while to spot anywhere that guard armour or lab coats could be kept. They were about to split up until a small white heart appeared in front of Ross.
"Max!" He whisper-yelled, grabbing the boys attention. Upon seeing the heart, Max turned and immediately walked over to see. The fox-hybrids ear twitched slightly at the sound of a faint whisper.
"Keep searching... Find three more..." Shelby's voice quietly commanded before fading back into silence.

The pair gave each other a nod and left to search opposite sides of the room; Max searching the left and Ross going right. Examining his surroundings, Max was only able to find a couple of places where things could be kept: a few boxes and a cupboard. It was the same situation on Ross' side, a couple of boxes and a few drawers. Being quick to open all of them, the two rummaged through all of the boxes, only finding things like syringes and weird liquids in containers. They then moved onto the drawers and cupboard. The drawers contained multiple piles of papers or documents. Ross opened the final one to find a pair of scientist gloves.

Max swiftly but quietly opened the cupboard, praying that the hinges didn't creak. There was a guards helmet and two lab coats. Ross made his way over and looked into the cupboard, not spotting anything else.
"Darn, we need three..." Max cursed under his breath.
"What are we going to do?" Ross asked, slightly panicked. Max only shrugged and the two decided to retreat.

Max quickly closed his eyes and created two small fireballs in front of him, whispering to himself before the fireballs disappeared.
"The message is sent." He told Ross and the two began to make their way towards the exit. They were beginning to get suspicious about the lack of security. Usually this was one of the most guarded places in the whole facility, but there were barely any guards there. The pair just chose to worry about that later and made a rapid escape to the outside area with the items.

When they arrived they were met with a smiling pair of girls who were holding three lab coats and four pairs of goggles. Max glanced around, his smile turning to a concerned frown.
"Where are the guys?" He asked, making the others realise that they weren't back yet.
"They haven't gotten back yet. We don't know if-" Aphmau began, being interrupted by a huge gust of wind coming from the halls. "What was that?!"
"There's no way for wind to get into this place..." Shelby thought aloud, causing everyone to become alert of the only place a gust of wind could come from.

"SKY."

HEYY GUYS I'M NOT DEAD :D I am soooo sorry for not updating again. I ran out of ideas again for a while and just kinda forgot to update... I really need to find a way to keep myself on track with this... Anyways I'm really sorry but I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Feel free to leave theories about what you think will happen next! :3

Have a good day/night! Baii!