Chapter 14: Who Are They?

Max's POV:

The man started looking at each of us. He had neat, black hair, dark brown eyes, extremely pale skin and he had three younger boys with him. The boys seemed to be about our age, if not a little older. They looked similar to him, probably his sons or brothers. The man was giving off a weird vibe. I could tell that Sky felt it to since his performance dropped as soon as they walked in. Same with the others. To be honest it was kind of hard NOT to notice. Something about him just seemed... wrong... I just couldn't tell what that something was...

Cory's POV:

That weirdo began walking around and observing each of our fights, starting with Sky and Max, then the girls, then me and Ross. When he walked back he went to one of the guards and whispered to them.
"Is THAT Cory? His performance is so much lower than I was told." He made sure that we could hear him as if he was trying to annoy us. Specifically me... It was definitely working but I tried my best to hide it. Ross could usually tell when someone was angry or upset so I wasn't surprised when he shot me a worried look. I quickly gave him a nod and a small smile, signalling that I would be fine.

I saw everyone sneaking glances at me, probably to make sure I wasn't too angry. One of the younger boys started whispering to.
"While we're on the topic, let's just say how pretty those two girls look. They seem super talented to~"
"Yeah I'm calling dibs on the red-haired one."
"Then I'm callin' dibs on the black-haired one!" The other two chimed into the conversation. I could practically feel the girls' anger from here.

Ross' POV:

Aphmau and Shelby both gave off a scary aura as they tried to keep up their act. The younger boys continued whispering.
(boy 1  boy 2  boy 3)
"No way that one's mine."
"HA as if she's yours."
"I'm kinda glad I went for the other one now."
"Well her kitty features are adorable."
"Hey they're both cuties so I'll take either!"
"STOP TALKING ABOUT US LIKE WE'RE OBJECTS!!!" Aphmau yelled with an incredibly angry expression.

I soon noticed that Shelby wasn't with Aphmau as she was yelling. A small giggle came from behind the three creeps. They spun around to see an equally angered Shelby, she had her claws out, which she usually controlled.
"Oh look it's the cute lil kitty~" One of the boys cooed.
"This lil kitty can rip your tongue out if you don't shut your trap." She replied in a, shockingly, scary voice, while trailing her finger from the middle of his neck to the edge of his chin. I was beginning to think this wasn't even Shelby.
"What are you teaching her?!" I heard Sky ask Cory in a surprised and slightly intimidated voice. Cory slightly laughed and looked a little intimidated himself.
"Nothing. I don't know where this came from."

I turned back and Aphmau was now standing with Shelby. Both girls were giving off an equally terrifying aura. Max started laughing quietly to himself and whispered to Cory and Sky.
"Don't worry. We'll remind you guys not to flirt with them again ok?" Saying that earned a punch from Cory.

"Anyway you shouldn't call dibs on a girl. It's very impolite and won't get you the girl." We all turned our heads back as we heard Shelby's regular sweet-toned voice.
"Yeah it just makes the girl feel like an object." Aph crossed her arms, joining in on the mini lecture. Both of the females gave the trio a smile. "How about we teach you how to PROPERLY get a girl?" The boys just stood there confused but shrugged and nodded anyway.

Sky's POV:

"That was a sudden shift in attitude..." I thought to myself before hearing my name being called by Shelby. I looked up and saw her waving her hand in a 'come over here' motion. Now scared of them killing me, I did as she told me and made my way over.
"Ok so Sky..." Aphmau started, leaving her sentence unfinished.
"Yeah?"
"If you had to tell your friends that you like a girl then what would you say to them?" Shelby finished off Aph's sentence since for her.
"Hmmm..." I thought for a moment and suddenly found the floor very interesting for a couple seconds. "Probably something like 'hey I think she's really pretty so I might try my luck with her..' "
"LIES!!!" Max yelled from the other group of boys, his hands cupping his mouth.
"YOU NEVER SAY ANY OF THAT TO US!" Cory chimed in. Ross was clutching his stomach as he burst out into laughter.
"NEITHER DO YOU SO SHUT YOUR TRAPS!" I retorted to the duo of troublemakers.

Third Person POV:

The girls and Ross laughed at their friends little argument. Meanwhile, they forgot about the new people still standing in the room. The young boys stood up and smirked. They stood alongside the mysterious man, the one who seemed to be the leader, as he pulled out a button.

Click

The groups eyes widened as they barely noticed the button being pressed. Something like a lightning bolt fired at the hybrids. The room lit up from the strike for a second, no one noticing the light had a slight blue tint to it. The (lets just call them scientists) The scientists couldn't see what was happening.

The only thing they heard was a shock of electricity, something metal hitting the floor and something like glass shattering...

(Cliffhanger! If you want then you can try work out what happened before the next chapter comes out! Have fun! :3)