Chapter 13: Fun And Games pt.2

Aphmau's POV:

I continued running in circles while Max and Sky chased after, attempting to help. Ross continued trying to catch up to me as we ran. Saying that, Ross was a squirrel hybrid so he was pretty fast but slows down once his attention is divided; We used that to our advantage. We clearly didn't need to worry about Cory either since Shelby was keeping him occupied. Even though we kinda needed to save her, her keeping him distracted was actually really helpful.

While running I heard Sky and Max chatting about something behind me but, not wanting to get caught, I didn't stop to listen. I simply glanced over my shoulder and saw Ross still chasing me. He was almost able to grab my arm at this point. Just as I was running out of breath, I got back around to the start of our invisible circle. Without warning someone grabbed my wrist, pulling me out of the little chase. Ross didn't seem to notice and continued running in circles with Max. I looked down on my wrist and then up at the person who grabbed it. It was Sky, standing and smiling at me. I smiled back at him and turned back to the boys running in circles.

Ross still hadn't realized that I wasn't running anymore and was now chasing Max instead.
"Is-is he gonna be ok?" I quietly asked, referring to Max. Sky just nodded and smiled as if this was planned (which it most likely was.)
"Yeah he's gonna be fine. He's a fox hybrid! He's quick enough to outrun Ross." He reassured me as I felt his hand on my shoulder. Suddenly I felt a second hand on my shoulder. Sky jumped a little so I'm guessing he did to.

"Aww what a lovely moment. How about you continue it with Shelby in the jail cell!" We both turned to see Cory grinning mischievously at us. At some point, probably when he was talking to Shelby, he had put his mask back on and had somehow seen Sky pull me out of the way. I don't know WHY he wasn't doing his job and guarding his girlfriend (please don't tell her I said that...)  but he used the chance to arrest me and Sky.

We both stepped over the sticks and sat down with Shelby on the ground.
"Shelby you were supposed to distract him!" I said to her after getting into a comfortable enough position. Cory snickered and shot the three of us a side-look.
"She was distracting me. It was because of Sky's loud mouth that I heard you."
"Your ears are just sensitive!" Sky retorted, crossing his arms.
"Yeah but still!" He turned around and smiled at us.

We sat and talked for a bit on random topics. Turns out Ross DID notice when we left earlier and but he saw that Cory was free to handle it, so he continued going after Max. He actually almost caught him once by running the opposite way, which is what Cory did, but Max realised at the last second and also went in the opposite direction. Now me, Shelby and Sky were all sitting in the mini jail cell. Sometimes talking with Cory about random things, sometimes talking with each other. Any other time we would just sit in an awkward silence; now was one of those times...

Cory's POV:

I leaned against the stone wall, waiting for my turn to chase down Max. Ross didn't seem like he was giving up anytime soon so it would probably be a while. Since it was currently my job to guard everyone else, I needed to watch out for if Ross needed help AND had to keep watch of the others to make sure they aren't doing anything. It was actually getting pretty boring since we aren't really able to do anything but talk.

I glanced at the three sitting in the mini jail cell, they didn't seem to be having any fun either.
"You guys bored to?" I questioned.
"Yeah..." The trio answered in unison, as if rehearsed. After a couple seconds of silence I heard a few quiet sets of footsteps from down the hall, gradually getting louder. My eyes widened slightly as I realised what time it was.
"Get out of the cage now." I commanded, they gave me a confused look but did as I told them anyway. I figured that I should probably explain quickly while I could. "There's some guards coming. They have scientists with them." Understanding, everyone nodded. The girls pretended that they were fighting and me and Sky stopped the others, also pretending that we were fighting with them. (The guards/scientists see them fighting as training.)

Sky's POV:

I threw a weak punch at Max and he easily blocked it, I made the punch look strong so it seemed like I was actually fighting/training with him. He was doing the same with his attacks. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the doors to our room open and a group of guards and scientists stepped in. One was in front and looked slightly more fancy so I'm guessing he was in charge of the group. We continued fighting as I kept trying to focus on Max and the new man.