Chapter 10: Blossoms

Max's POV:
When me and Shelby returned from collecting Ross we headed off to the outside area.

Cant think of anything so time skiiiiippppp~

Shelby got there a couple seconds before us so she pushed the door open.
"After you m'ladies." She bowed, holding the door open. Me and Ross pretended to curtsy.
"Why thank you kind sir." I played along. The girl walked in after us, giggling in amusement. We soon spotted the rest of our gang sitting under a tree, a cherry blossom tree to be exact.

We saw Aphmau waving to us, signalling for us to come over, so we made our way over to them. When we got there the three grinned at us.
"Finally!" Cory yawned jokingly then smiled. "I was starting to fall asleep you took that long!"
"Then tell Ross to let us know when his class switches rooms in the future!" I laughed ruffling Ross' hair.
"Im not surprised he was falling asleep to be honest..." Ross took a look around. "This place is so peaceful."
"It really is." Sky agreed.

Ross' POV:
We all sat down under the tree. I took a deep breath in and out as i leaned against the trunk. I sat there with my eyes closed, trying to imagine a breeze on my skin. Trying to imagine that we were actually free for the first time in years. A relaxed smile crept onto my face as i heard everyone talking happily in the background. Happy... Not stressed out for once. It actually felt like we were free, even though we knew we werent, it was nice to pretend.

I let my eyes open and gazed around at everyone conversing.
'I wonder how long it will stay like this...' I thought to myself. I know that I probably sound a bit depressing but this was one of those things that happened about once a month. It was nice.

I looked at everyone once more but realised that Sky and Aph werent there. I quickly scanned the area and noticed them sat slightly further down the hill, probably so we couldn't hear their conversation as much.

Sky's POV:
I could tell that the others noticed we moved away slightly but me and Aph continued laughing and talking. I turned to her. She was laughing freely as the pink blossoms fell around her. She looked at me in the eyes and smiled brightly. Im pretty sure I felt my cheeks get warmer. Now we were just sitting and staring at each other. I didnt notice at first but Aph slowly started leaning closer.

"CAAAAAAN YOU FEEEEEELLL THE LOOOOVVEE TOONIIGGGHHHT?" We spun around to everyone singing teasingly. My face was bright red.
"SHUT UP!" Aph yelled, also with a red face. Suddenly Shelby leaned forwards, trying to see everyones faces.
"Sooo Skymau or AphSky?" She smirked. Everyone started smirking along with her.
"Skymau!" Aphmau voted. I looked at her surprised. "Hey if im going to be shipped I AT LEAST want a good ship name!"
Shelby giggled along with Aph.

Now we were all sitting in an awkward silence. Without warning, Cory smirked at me, like he did when he was about to tease me about Aphmau.
"Dont be smirking at me Cory! You realise a certain SOMEONE is still here?" I smirked back at him, it was clear as day that I meant Shelby. "I can still make fun of that!"
"Pffftt Try me." He rolled his eyes.
"Hey Shelby?" I attempted to get her attention.
"Yeah?" She responded.
"Cory loves you!" I smirked at Cory and he just stared at me, giving me that look that says 'Thats all youve got?'.
"Ok..." Shelby went back to talking to Aphmau.

Ross' POV:
We all sat and watched as Cory and Sky messed with each other about the girls. Me and Max were just joking about how pathetic and funny it was.
"How about we ship them together?" Max laughed and we came up with a mini plan. The guys luckily weren't paying attention. Me and Max high-fived and called the girls over. They rushed over because they saw we were laughing, assuming that it would be something good. We told them the plan and they gladly agreed with our ideas. As they were arguing (not really arguing but making fun of each other) we all got into a little huddle, as if we were a choir. We playfully began singing.
"IT MUST BE LOVE~" The two just glared at us. We started laughing at the look they were giving us, it was funny but kind of scary at the same time.

Max's POV:
I laughed along with everyone else, I could tell they werent really mad at us. Also I might as well explain how we know these songs in the first place. In the adults office theres a radio and when theyre all out sometimes we sneak in to listen to it. As for the Lion King song, we all saw that movie when we were younger and taught it to Sky and Cory.
Abruptly they hugged each other and joined in. Aphmau squealed quietly.
"They're in loooovvvee~" Ross grinned, amused.

For the rest of the day we just sat on the hill under the cherry blossom tree, joking and laughing.