Chapter 16: A Plan For Freedom

Max's POV:

"LET US TURN THESE INNOCENT LITTLE HOOMANS INTO AMINALS BECAUSE I'M BORED AND THE WORLD REVOLVES AROUND ME." Me and the others laughed hysterically at Aphmau's impression of one of the adults here. It had been about half an hour since we got here and not a moment of it was wasted. The whole time had been full of jokes and laughter, since we don't really get many moments like this here.
"But Mr jerk-face sir! I'm only a small little hooman! I happen to have a future!" Cory joined in with the joke, sitting up.
"NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR FUTURE HOOMAN! NOW LET'S MAKE YOU INTO A DOGGO-MAN!" Aph continued her impression, using a deep but funny voice. When she finished her sentence she stood up and attempted to lift Cory up from the ground. "WOW YOU IS ONE HEAVY HOOMAN!"
"HEY!" He put a hand on his hand, acting shocked and offended but still laughing. The wolf-hybrid crossed his arms, turning his head with a smirk. "I'm not heavy you're just too weak to carry me." After hearing this, Aphmau stared down at the amused boy, not saying a word. Suddenly she picked up both of his legs and begun dragging him around, making him yelp a little in surprise. We all laughed again as he quickly covered his mouth, slightly embarrassed.

After a second, Cory had registered what was happening and started looking around for something to grab onto. The bear-hybrid dragged him past the trunk of the tree, which he gripped onto to get himself free. It worked since I'm guessing Aphmau didn't expect him to grab onto something.
"GOD DANG IT!" She stomped her foot once and then giggled. The two came to sit back down with the gang.
"So I see Cory has his energy back." Ross stated, giving a smile. Cory's only response was a simple nod and a smile in return.

Third Person:

"Wait so does that mean the illusion isn't there anymore?" Sky questioned, still a bit confused as to how this whole magic system worked.
"Yeah, but I'm hoping that they've left by now..." Cory answered, his gaze slowly falling to the ground before he continued. "...Or else we're kinda screwed..."
"...Hey I have a question that's completely unrelated to this topic!" Shelby raised her hand, as if a student waiting to be chosen in class.
"What is it?" Ross turned to her, followed by everyone else.
"Why don't we try thinking of an escape plan instead of wasting our lives away in this place?" She suggested, raising a good point to the rest. "I mean we're still young, young enough to be in high school. So why not try and escape before we completely miss that chance? I mean I know they have a school here and all but still..." The girl slowly trailed off when she decided that they probably wouldn't go along with her plan. Her friends just stared at her in silence. "N-Never mind...That's probably a bad idea..."
"Hey I'm in!" Sky raised his hand with a grin. "If it could get us out of here then what's the harm in trying right?" The other four were quick to agree with the two of them

"So does anyone actually have a plan?" Ross asked, switching glances between them. An awkward quietness came before everyone shook their head. "Well then..."
"Wait does anyone know who the lord is?" Aphmau quickly asked out of the blue. The others were confused as to why she wanted to know but they answered her anyway.
"Irene I think... Why?" Sky stared at her, waiting for her to reply. A huge smile creeped onto the girls face.
"Alright I have an idea. We need to get at least one of us out of here." She explained, still confusing everyone. "If we can get someone back to Irene's house and tell them where we are then they should come for us."
"But why would they come for us? I mean we're only a bunch of teenagers. It's not like we make a major difference to society..." Max stated, referring to their little gang.
"In case you haven't realised yet, I'm Irene's daughter. On top of that, remember on the news? They've been looking for all of us, not just me."

Hearing this, the six of them started conversing about who was going to escape and how they were going to do it. The only ideas they had come up with so far though were either

1: Use brute force, which would most likely fail considering the numbers,

2: Use Cory's illusions again but risk him passing out from a lack of energy,

3: Attempt to break through the walls without being caught

Or 4: Disguise ourselves and sneak out with the guards, but to do this someone would have to be around the height of an adult.

All that was left now was to agree on an idea and set it in motion.

You guys vote in the comments which plan they should use! 1, 2, 3 or 4?

Hi guys! I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for not updating this book as much recently... I've been busy with my cousins BDay, school and another book. I'm just making this quick little note to say that if you're waiting for me to update this one again then you could try reading some of my other stories if you enjoy my writing :3 So just in case you need something to read in the mean time there's some random stories that I've written. Anyway that's all I wanted to say. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Baiii! <3