31.| A Night At His House

Second Person POV

"I can't believe you sprained your ankle." You mumbled out of you're mouth. ChengCheng, on the other hand, was giggling beside you as he sat on a bed in the hospital.

"You're so cute you know, being all worried about me, it's very cute." ChengCheng teases while you hid you're face away from his. "Awe, are you embarrassed?"

You managed to get yourself together and faced ChengCheng. "Well, you seem like you're doing fine. I'm heading back home now."

"Wait!" He grabs your wrist before you even turned my back. "Stay with me a little longer. Just until my family arrives."

You plopped back down next to him, sighing a bit. Before an awkward silence took over the atmosphere.

You looked down at your legs, wondering what to say when ChengCheng said something first.

"That last shot was for you, y'know?"

"I think you told me that already," You added.

ChengCheng frowned slightly before saying, "Hmph! I won 3 points for you-" He then points at his ankle. "-I got injured for you!"

"I never asked you to," You said, leaning back against your chair. ChengCheng kept silent while glaring at you. Just feeling his laser eyes staring down at you.

"What made you come?" He breaks the silence.

You lifted my head and answered, "Just... something told me to go." About 3 minutes later, his parents arrived. You greeted them once they got here, and told them that you had to head home. 

They offered to drive you home because it was late, and a girl like you shouldn't go home alone.

"Thank you for driving me home Mr. and Mrs. Fan."

"It's Mam- Mrs.Fan. Have a good night Yuejia." She was about to say, Mama. But she stopped remembering ChengCheng and you are no longer a thing. 

You walked into my house when I noticed another pair of shoes I'm unfamiliar with. 

"Ookay... who's shoes do these belong to?" They were a pair of black Nike shoes, which you and Jiang both, do not own. You looked around the kitchen and living room and saw she wasn't there. 

She must be in bed already. 

You thought as you were walked towards yours and Jiang's room, but before you laid a hand on the doorknob, you heard some... I guess you could say unpleasant sounds.

You could say you heard your own friend and maybe her date... having fun in your bedroom...

Yeah, you slowly backed away from the room. Quitely put on my shoes again and headed out of your house again. A heavy sigh escaped your lips.

"That... that was something I never want to experience again."

You looked at the time and noticed that it was close to 9 now. Your thoughts went to Yorong and LouLou. So you called them. But nobody picked up.

"Why... why when I need them most they don't pick up." You complained, then lifted up your phone and pressed it against your ear.

"Wei?"

"Can you come pick me up?"

__________

Your POV

"Thanks... for aha. Coming to get me."

"Yeah, no problem. You wanna tell me what happened though?"

Our eyes met for a split second. 

"I-um... forgot my keys in my own house. I couldn't get in..."

"But Jiang lives with you right? Couldn't you jus-"

"Ling Chao. I don't wanna go into further details. Plus, you sound like you don't want me here."

He then flashes a half smile. "Sorry. A-And, I do want you here." Ling Chao and I remained friends, of course. He's like a little prince in my life. Always there when I need him... 

He was in his little house when 3 of this friends. 2 of them got home from the basketball game, and one got home from the club. 

"Hey, Zhen Yuejia! What brings you to our crib?"

I smiled at Mu Ziyang. "I got locked out of my own house, and my friends aren't picking up their phones." He then nodded once before heading into his room. Ling Chao then faced me again then blurted out. 

"Let's eat!"

"Pardon?"

"Let's go have dinner." He gets up from the sofa and walks into the kitchen, opening up the top cabinet and pulling out 2 instant ramen cups. My brows furrowed together as he boiled the water. 

"Is this what you had in mind for dinner?" I teased slightly. Ling Chao turns around embarrassingly. "Yeah... This is like the best thing I can cook." I hit his arm jokingly. "That's not even close to being a meal. And what are you cooking? Water?"

"EI! It's cooking for me!!"

I raised both my hands in the air, showing defence. "Fine. Boiling water is cooking."

We both sat on the couch and ate our "dinner". Pft. Ling Chao can be so funny sometimes. 

"Well, I better you better head to bed. I'll sleep on the couch." I announced once I finished eating. But Ling Chao quickly stood up along with me, stopping me from walking anywhere else.

"Sleep in my bed!"

Once again, I widened both my eyes in confusion. "Say that again?"

"I mean- I'll sleep on the couch, you sleep in my room." He clarified. I made an 'ooh' sound while he showed me his room. His room was... cute? I guess you could say. It was decently small. But to me, it feels big because there isn't another bed in the same room.

"Um. Well, I'll see you tomorrow." He yawns, stretching his arms in the air. 

"Mh. Good night Ling Chao."

I closed the door and climbed in his bed. As weird as it sounds, I can smell his scent from his pillow and blanket. 

Laying on my side, I looked out his window and saw the bright white moon in the sky. 

I yawned once more before closing my eyes and falling asleep.

-

-

-

-

-

Hello Jennings!!! 

I apologize for not updating as much!!!

I recently started school, and also turned 16!! 

But I have not forgotten about you guys!! I promise! 

Thank you for reading!!!

VOTE/COMMENT!!!

-Jennie<3