46.| Suddenly Secret

ChengCheng's POV

(Bolded means speaking in English)

I watched how Yuejia slowly disappeared in the far distance. I sighed harshly before returning back to Yingyi.

"Hurry and tell me what you want to eat."

She frowned at me. "Was she your ex-girlfriend?"

"Yeah. And?"

"I don't want you to talk to her anymore."

I scoffed loudly and laughed in disbelief. "You gotta be kidding me. Who are you to tell me what to do?"

She didn't answer. So I averted my eyes away from her and to the employee and just ordered her a sandwich with a latte.

I sat in front of her and watched her ate.

"Adam. Are you not hungry?"

"No. Just hurry up and finish so we could leave."

"Hm!! Can you not be so mean to me?" She whines. I shook my head at her.

"Can you hurry up?"

I reason we are in a hurry- well, I'm in a hurry because I need to go be with jiejie and arrange some things for her. But this woman here is just taking her sweet ass time.

"Adam." She calls. I glared at her with my arms crossed.

"What?"

"Can you finish this sandwich for me? I'm full." She said as she places the sandwich in front of my face. I sighed hard before taking it from her hands and finish it in 3 bites.

"Let's go."

When we headed out, she linked her arms with mine and said, "ChengCheng-ah. Did you know what we just did?"

I took my arm away from her grasp while shaking my head.

She lets out a giggle. "We just had an indirect kiss."

"Tch. So? That girl you had a little quarrel with. I actually kissed her."

__________

Your POV

When work ended, Yangyang drove me home. It was weird because he hasn't talked to me all day since the incident where he ran into his ex-girlfriend.

When he pulled up to my house and as I was about to open the door, he locked them.

I look back at him with a confused look.

"Why did you lock it?"

"I-I don't want you to leave yet."

My eyes softened at him. "Okay."

So we both sat in the car, yet again. In complete silence. Until I build up the courage to speak up first.

"Yangyang."

He hums back.

"She was special to you right?"

"What are you talking about?"

I half-smiled. "The friend that we met today. She was special to you right?"

Yangyang shook his head. "She wasn't special."

I sense that he was lying to me. "Then why have you been so off? You haven't talked to me once this whole day after you saw her."

"She just reminded me of something. Something I didn't want to remember." He tried to explain. But it was just coming off the same.