Chapter 08 | Cloud

* Contest happening in THE DEVIL'S CLAIM so check it out! 

Chapter 08 | Cloud

"Absolutely not!" Lucifer snarled.

Saanti merely looked up from his chess game, his gold eyes watching his son with an expression of uninterested. Then again, Abaddon sat the same way. I looked back and forth between the two.

Saanti say in his red leather chair like his signature way – he sat on the heels of his bare feet in a sort of low squat. One hand way draped off one of his knees hold a pawn piece. In the other hand he held a cup of green tea. Since Lucifer took over he had swapped his red velvet king's cape in for a plain gold velvet one and a pair of green corduroy pants. He had even let his black grown out.

Abaddon seemed the opposite. Instead of sitting, the angel merely stood parallel to Saanti's chair, in that white, chain-link angel armor; with that sparkling sword strapped to his side. However, gone was the once long raven locks – now his hair was cut just above his ear – two long braids down the side of his face, with those light aqua eyes glowing. He truly looked like something straight out of a fantasy book.

"You can't expect me to just trust you to make sure she's alright in The Almighty, especially after birthing demon bloods and marrying one," Lucifer growled.

The Almighty. That was what that place above was called. The home of all the angels. Up to now I've just been calling it Heaven. A giggle bubbled up my throat; now I merely felt stupid calling it Heaven. Of course it wasn't that easy. But then again, hell was just hell.

"I don't know why you're laughing," he snapped towards me.

My giggle died down as my eyes narrowed towards my husband. Annoyance bubbled inside me as we stared hotly at each other. I was overcome with the urge to smack him over the head with Saanti's chess board but he probably would stab someone if I did that. Then again, he'd probably stab Lucifer.

"I think it would be in our favor to go along with their requests," Saanti sighed sipping on his tea and looking over at Abaddon.

Abaddon nodded, "things could get messy if the angels decide to try and take Cloud and Odelia to The Almighty. Not to mention that they'd want to exterminate Vidan if that were to happen."

"Like fuck are they going to touch my children!" I shrieked my glory exploding through me.

It exploded out of my body like a burning breeze, it blew the chess set off the table then engulfed my gown into golden flames. Not to mention it broke the tea cup in Saanti's hand, and ripped Lucifer's clothing into shreds.

I clenched my fist, in attempt to calm myself and soon it resided back into my body. I was breathing heavy, my body starting to feel exhausted. I blinked hard, then sat back down in my chair, an attempt to keep my head leveled.

"And I'm supposed to just allow this?" Lucifer spoke lowly, eerily low.

I looked over at him, his fists were so tight his nails dug into his palms and drew blood. My teeth dug into my lip and I wished to go over to him and consult him. But it wasn't the right time to do that right now, I just needed to trust that he'd make his decisions for our children and hell at the same time. It was important for him to be a good father however, he is also still the king. He couldn't forget his duties.

"There's no other choice," I sighed realizing all this talk was pointless.

Lucifer glared at me, "Angel you're being rash and are no in condition to do anything."