( Luck Saves The Day... Again.)

Whoa, I haven't posted in three, almost four days now! Sorry for the wait everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been two weeks.

There's been constant and relentless thinking about your terrible experience at the mock battle, and ever since then you've been sulking in your room.

"[Y/N]? [Y/N], Honey.." You heard faint and gentle knocks at your door. It was your mother, adjusting a cup on the diner tray she carried along with her like a housemaid.

"..It's open."

You muttered, loud enough for her her to hear. Your mother twisted the knob and stepped inside, a concerned expression overtaking her features. "I brought you some iced tea, just the way you like it." She placed the glass against the surface of your desk before proceeding to leave your room, disappointed in herself for being unable to provide compensation for her child.

You ran your index finger along the wall, staring at the blank painted cement. Currently, you sat on the floor in the corner to amplify how bad your mood was. "..I failed..."

Your phone beside you had rang, but you knew it was your mother calling.

"[Y/N]!! It came in the mail!"

Suddenly, a young woman known as your mother bursted through the doors, and trampled into the bedroom.

Startled, you jumped to your feet and immediately knew what she speaking about. She handed you the letter in frantic motion, and stepped back to leave your room. "I'll give you some privacy, tell me the results once you're finished!" She left the room, meanwhile you stared at the envelope you had held firmly in your hands.

Sitting down on your bed, you took a deep breath before opening it.
A chip had fell out, it soon caused a hologram to amend.

"I, am here!"

You hovered your forearm in front of your chest, wondering if this was some sort of prank. "What the- All Might??!"

"That's right, Young [L/N], you're looking at the newest U.A faculty member!"

'Did he predict my replies..?' You thought, shaking your head. For now, you focused on what he had to say.

"Ahem."
All Might brought his closed fist to his unwavering mouth that showcased his widened and permanent smile.

"You may think you had failed the mock battle, but fortunately, you didn't." You cocked your head and furrowed your brows, what is he talking about? And to answer your anticipated question, a rectangular holographic table appeared beside him, presenting to you extra footage from weeks ago.

While you were quite sullen, the robots that tried to harm as well as ambush you had succumbed to your luck, being either crushed or smothered like a fly. You recalled the event before you were piled by debris, but you hadn't realized that the destructive robots behind you were destroyed all because of you.

For instance, earlier; the camera zoomed in after noticing you kicked a pebble by dragging your feet. And from there, the rock rolled and tumbled into the way of a fellow examinee. The student managed to slip, and used their abilities by accident, causing his earth quirk to launch toward the buildings. From there, debris toppled over one robot and landed on the other, resulting in the indescribable butterfly effect.

You blinked, bewildered by what you had seen. The video recording disappeared, and the camera diverted its attention to the well-known pro hero; All Might.

"Your total score was Thirty-Six, young [L/N]." There was a great downpour of relief and happiness that led to your satisfied and heartwarming remark; tears. Honestly, you had no idea that you'd thank your quirk so much after learning about this. Mild appreciation showed keenly on your features, while you wiped your tears with your sleeve.

All Might held out his hand, his proud smile gleaming in the auditorium.

"I welcome you, to the Hero Academia."

Your mother heard your faint weeping and decided to come in, her eyebrows narrowing. "Sweetie, look..." She was under the impression that you failed, and reached to gently place her hand on your shoulder.

You raised your gaze to your mother, while tears streamed down your cheeks. "..I passed the entrance exams!" For a second your mother looked shocked, but after viewing your smile while in a state of overwhelmed happiness made her feel reassured.

"I'm glad you've passed!"

You received a warm hug, and yet it didn't calm your waterworks down for even a second. Your mom could feel you pry into her arms, and squeeze her, while the hologram of All Might had switched off and eventually narrowed back down into the chip from which it first came.

You fell asleep soothingly in your mother's arms, she left you to sleep after noticing how exhausted and overdriven you were, constantly in contemplation about your performance during the mock battle.

However, during the midst of the night, your phone buzzed. The cause; an unknown number questioning how you did on the exams.

"Hey!! [L/N], did you pass??!"

Though, that buzz wasn't enough to wake you. You continued snoozing, up until the point you heard a thud at your window. And then another, and so on.

Your eyelids parted and you drowsily sat up, the foggy vision of yours trying to focus as your [E/C] irises landed on the thin glass near your bed.

"It's late.. ugh." You muttered, climbing out of bed. Reaching for your device, you powered it on and scrolled through the messages you received from a number you had yet to recognize.

"Is this a prank?.. How'd they know about the exams??" A tingling sensation of curiosity and slight concern colored your face. There was that sound again; a light thud at your window.

You slithered your way toward it, and looked over the window sill to notice a figure standing blatantly in the grass. And as your eyes focused, you immediately raised your hands to unlock your window, sliding it up soon afterwards.

"Hey, Midoriya. It's late! What are you doing here??" You asked in a high whisper, meanwhile the boy standing dropped the pebbles he held.

"I sent you texts minutes ago! You didn't reply so I got worried..!"

His words made your heart race. It wasn't out of flustered remark, but nervousness. Holy crap, that was him?? When did you — He probably searched those contacts that'd allow you to search for those in the area.

You gulped, and reluctantly, you spoke.
"U..Um, sorry about that. And to answer your question, I passed. How about you?"

The boy flashed a look of happiness, followed by a nod. "I passed, too! So.. we'll be attending U.A together in a few days, I hope we'll be in the same class."

Your eyes drifted away and toward the phone you held, your lips curved into a forced smile which contained uneasiness.

"Yeah."

Midoriya scratched his cheek, and his eyes followed yours. "What's wrong? Did your mom upset you?"

You perked your head up and allowed your phone to power off. "What? No-, I'm.. I'm just thinking." Surely, this was all a ruse. This boy was starting to make you feel uneasy, and yet your gut as well as your mind had told you to ignore it.

Because you know what they say...

Curiosity killed the cat.

[Chapter END]