( Company. )

You darted awake, and held your pillow close to your side. And finally, you smiled. There was no smell of breakfast, since your mom works on Saturdays. You tossed the pillow into the air and jumped out of bed in joy, soon did you reach for your phone.

On the home screen, you noticed you missed a call from Midoriya, and eventually he texted you with a 'Good Morning' text. You sighed, and swiped. Your fingers tapped against your smooth screen, and you soon pressed block on Midoriya's contact.

'Sorry Izuku, but I'm going to give the police a bit of insight on what you've been doing..' You pursed your lips, and felt a heavy pit lingering in your stomach. It was hard to believe your friend from Junior high turned out to be a killer. But what was his motive? It didn't make much sense to you, and so you wanted to get to the bottom of this.

'And I should probably stay away fron Todoroki.. It's for the best.'

Your finger landed on Bakugou's conversation. You opened it, and realized you two had yet to converse with each other by text. At last, you typed the message;

>Hey! Let's meet, I wanna see you.

You glared at the message, and felt as though it was a bit much. "Hm." As you were going to erase your sentence, your finger tapped the enter button. Your heart pounded, and you  ended up releasing your phone.

"That texted seemed desperate, he's going to think little of me..!" You facepalmed hard, why does the backspace button have to be beside the enter button??

Buzz.

You lifted the phone quickly, and read the text on your home screen.

Where?<

"Weird.. he replied quickly. And I didn't expect this kind of reply. Your flustered tension dissipated, and your heart beat steadied.

>Will you be able to come over? Let's study or something. If not, we can hang around the park again.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the planet, Bakugou felt his phone vibrate and immediately lifted his device, checking your message with curled eyebrows. "Why isn't she asking that damn nerd out..?" He then smirked. "They got into a fight or somethin'?"

He typed up a response.

I'll come over. Send your address.<

Bakugou then realized how weird it'd be for two people to remain in a spacious building by themselves. He perked up and frantically moved his thumbs angrily.

And don't get any weird ideas!!!<

You giggled, and walked toward your closet with your phone in your palm. "Weird ideas..? Nonsense. He's just a study buddy."

Or so you thought.

After getting dressed you had heard knocks at your door not long after. You combed your hair and tied it back with your right hand, approaching the doorway. 'Sheesh. Did he run here?' You joked, and opened the door.

Bakugou ruffled his hair adjusted his jacket as he heard you open the door. The both of you stared at each other for a second, but soon enough you pivoted your heel as to allowing him inside. "Good Morning." You greeted, and walked into the kitchen.

The boy with pale blond hair closed the door behind him, and took off his shoes. "..Morning. Is your mom home?"

You turned to the counter that Bakugou now leaned upon, and placed down two mugs. Your eyes flared up in curiosity and interest. "..--To be honest, I didn't actually want you to come here only to study." The boy before you flinched, and shifted his red eyes away from you.

"..." You figured he didn't have any response to your sentence. Your finger ran along the rims of the mug with a light smirk. "I really wanted to see your face.. lately I've been feeling..." Bakugou eyed the cup, and then your face nervously, faint pink lines soon came to show on his cheeks.

"My mom is at work, to answer your question~."

You watched him fidget around, his eyes granting you the obvious gesture that he was currently speechless. There was a long pause, until you bursted into laughter.

"Pff- You actually thought I was serious! Come on, what do you take me for?"

Bakugou angrily clenched his teeth and scoffed loudly, your laugh making him feel embarrassed that he fell for such a trick. He was so reeled into your alluring differency in terms of emotion.

"Why you--!"

You spun around and pulled open the refrigerator, just before taking out a thin thermal cup filled with tea. "But seriously, I just needed company. I highly doubt a guy like you would study anyway." You noticed his eyebrow twitched in irritation, yet he couldn't muster out a response.

After sliding the mug toward him, you flailed your hand.

"Come on beast boy, drink up~."

The both of you sat around watching t.v, mostly horror and action films. Time flew by the more reeled in you two became.

Bakugou had his elbow propped against the armrest of the couch, while his cheek pressed against his palm. "How cliché. We saw that jumpscare coming a mile away.." He scrunched his nose. At the same time, he felt vibrations. The boy beside you peered over, and noticed you glaring at your device.

"Tch." Bakugou snatched your phone and checked for the recipient.

"That's Izuku. I blocked him because he was spamming me again.." Bakugou flicked his eyes back onto the screen. With a grunt, he powered off your phone and tossed it onto his lap.

You sat up. "He-Hey!!"

The boy with red eyes remained silent, his focus being brought to the movie upfront. Meanwhile you scoffed and shifted your head the other way, your arms folding as you did so.

"You're acting like my dad.."

Midoriya impatiently tapped his foot against the pavement while staring up at the balcony on the second floor. His phone was brought to his ear, and after every voicemail rang through them, he relentlessly attempted to call you again.

"[Y/N] should be home.." He muttered, and lowered his hand. Green sparks crackled, and he crouched down to attempt a high jump. It managed, only he hung down after miscalculating. But eventually, he pulled himself and stood on the balcony. Midoriya skeptically examined the handles and your windows, only to carefully wrap his hand around the knob.

He gave it one good twist, and it didn't open.

With a tilt of his head, the boy muttered. "Did she go out recently..? But with who?" It became acknowledgeable that someone else was in her house, and he needed to know who it is.

Midoriya jumped down from the balcony and landed on his feet, planning to approach more subtly.

As the movie grew overwhelmingly interesting, you leaned forward, and gasped as the serial killer turned out to be the protagonists' brother. And while the fighting sequence began, you heard knocks at the door which tingled your senses. "Ugh! Right when it's getting good!" You stood up, and dragged your feet to the door.

Bakugou however, stared at the screen with an unchanged expression.

You reached for the doorknob and twisted it. Right before you could even open it you had felt a light budge forward. The door creaked open eerily, and there Midoriya stood, with an expression that ought to be at ease.

"M..Morning [Y/N]! Could I come inside?"

Sticking out of his back pocket, would be a syringe.

[Chapter END]