( Getting Closer )

Midoriya entered his apartment and threw his bag against the wall right after taking off his shoes. He heard no response, and approached the end of the narrow hallway.

"Hello?"

He turned his head and stared into the living room. Sharp green eyes stared into his own, and the loud rumbling of what sounded to be a stomach roared loudly.

"Izuku.. Izuku! I'm starving, please, let me out!" His mother wailed, clenching the thick handlebars of the small cage she was held in. Meanwhile, her son turned towards the kitchen and fetched himself an apple.

"My day was great, mom.." Inko flinced, and tugged on the bars. Clearly desperate for food, her hand extended out to her son.

"Please.. Izuku..." She whispered, and watched the other place the Apple down right in front of the cage. Midoriya then grinned, crouching down to witness his mother desperately trying to pull the apple into the cage. However, it was larger than the railings themselves, thus she had to push her lips through them in order to eat.

Inko had only ate a bit of the skin off, but over time it grew harder to eat. Midoriya pressed his elbow against his kneecap, this fed his amusement and it soon developed itself into built-up laughter, once the Apple toppled out of his mother's grasp and rolled toward him.

"Pff- HA.. HAHA! Now this is a weird sight, my mom.. looking so pitiful!"

There wasn't even a glister of pride in her eyes. She tried grabbing the carpet to pull it over to herself, but to no avail. "Do you.. remember why you're in there? Because you.. told me loving someone would sidetrack my dreams." Midoriya spoke, and scooted back to stand up.

"But.. you never really supported me, more like comforted me. And that.. that really hurts." Midoriya waltzed out of the room, and toward his bedroom. Inko screamed at her son, shaking the cage so vigorously he felt the floor rumble. He threw himself onto his bed, and sunk his face into his pillows.

Midoriya used the ends of his pillows to cover his ears, as he heard his mother crying. The sounds of death no longer had the will to escape his mind, being binded into his distorted head like glue.

"..."

What he thought would be laughter, turned out to be the urge to cry.

"I'm.. so messed up..."

"I'm crazy.. like.. Kaminari had said.."

The boy rolled over and glared tearfully at the images of All Might. He rubbed his eyes, all while thinking of you.

...

"But I need to remember... that it's... worth it.."

"Don't-!" You shot up, panting heavily. What a terrible nightmare you had; clowns and Freddy Krueger chasing you around a haunted mansion.. just horrifying. However, you had a bad feeling about today. Perhaps it was the fact that you had a bad dream?

That's all that you could think of.

You got dressed shortly after, adjusting the collar of your uniform as you left. There was a feeling of insecurity that overwhelmed your being. You felt as if you needed to be wary, every corner you turned.

"Wow that dream paranoia is really getting to me.." You whispered, halting as you met with Midoriya.

"Good morning."

Something was off about his figure, like an ominous malicious desire lingered in the air around him. Undoubtedly, he looked out of it, which caused your eyebrows to curl in concern. "Midoriya?"

He quickly pivoted his head in your direction, and smiled gleefully. "M.. Morning, [L/N]!" Your worry disspitated, and all that remained was your kindhearted demeanor. "You know, Midoriya.. we've been friends for years now.."

You clenched the fabric of your uniform, while Midoriya's eyes had widened and his cheeks flushed red.

'Is this.. a confession?!'

You rubbed the back of your neck. "You can call me [Y/N].. I'll call you Izuku if you want me to..." Before you could react furthermore, Midoriya grasped your hands firmly and nodded frantically, startling you.

"Y-Yeah!" His blush never faded, it simply dimmed the more he realized how tightly he held your hand.

But, he decided to convert this chance an opportunity, and stared ponderously into your [E/C] ones.

"Listen.. I..-"

Your eyes darted toward the masculine figure walking nonchalantly through the gates. You dropped your hands, and swiftly reached toward your bag, maneuvering away from Midoriya.

"T-Todoroki!"

You were very noticible. The boy stopped in his tracks, both hands pushed into his pockets. "Oh, Morning, [L/N]." His apathetic tone caused your blush to deepen, and his soft and kind glare sent a pleasurable shiver down your spine.

"I-I..I- wanted.. you to u-um... eat lunch with you.. I mean- me? I made.. some for you!" With a quirk of his brow, Todoroki nodded, his eyes wandering elsewhere. "Sure, I'll see you at lunch then." As Todoroki began to walk again, he flinched after realizing how insincere he sounded. He turned around.

"..I can't wait to try your lunch, knowing you."

Your heart fluttered, and you felt like you wanted to die by the hands of Cupid. Once he was out of sight, you jumped into the air, and squealed like no other. "YEEeeEES!"

Midoriya on the other hand, remained silent. There wasn't any explicable way to describe what he had felt. He darted his head toward the boy, and felt mild temptation to plunge Todoroki at this exact moment. His fists clenched tightly, his shoulders beginning to lift and tremble due to his rage.

You slipped back over toward Midoriya and tapped his shoulder to grab his attention.

He turned to face you with an almost permanent scowl, his glare caused you to step back. "What's.. wrong?"
The realization that it was only you hit him hard. The boy shook his head and waved his hands. "S-Sorry, [Y/N]! I was practicing my glare at Kacchan!"

You grinned. "Finally standing up for yourself? I swear time sure does fly by..-"

"WHAT WAS THAT, DEKU?!"

An infuriated young boy stomped your way, and you quickly turned your head away only to begin whistling.

'Wrong place and time.'

"K-Kacchan! I-I was.. it-" Bakugou grabbed Midoriya by the collar and forced him closer to him, an angry look on his face. The other trembled, and just as Bakugou raised his right hand crackling with explosions, the bell had rung.

"Tch, damn nerd." He released him.

An relieved sigh escaped Midoriya's lips. He plucked his bag from the ground and looked at you with an disappointed expression. "You were a great help back there."

You unabashedly waved your hand, snickering followed by a teasingly wink. "It was nothing..~ Literally! Now, let's get to class Izuku!"

You scampered off into the corridors, instinctly knowing Midoriya would follow. Him on the other hand, was at a brief standstill. You called him by his first name, and it immediately made him feel happy. He completely forgot about the Todoroki ordeal.

Temporarily.

"I'm right behind you!"

[Chapter END]