( Caretakers )

You sighed at the gates, wondering if Midoriya was still willing to meet up with you at this point.

You spotted him walking slowly away from the facade known as U.A, causing your eyebrows to furrow in response to guilt. 'He's still upset? Is it.. because he's jealous?' You then shook your head frantically, and waved your hand toward the sullen male.

"Hey, Izuku!"

The boy peered up at you, but returned his gaze down toward the pavement.

'Maybe Bakugou told him to kill himself..' You thought with another sigh. Eventually, Midoriya was out of your sight. He didn't even stop to wave and that really, made you unhappy. Although, you didn't admit it yourself, the narrator did. [Maru-chan >Wo]

And as soon as you thought you had no one to walk with, Bakugou seemingly approached you. When actually, he walked right past you with a grunt.

"Hey, Bakugou..!" You called out to him, going up to him cautiously. I mean- he's like a lion; ready to pounce at any given moment. The naturally angry male stopped to stare at you, then forced a single word in a cruel tone;

"What?"

You flinched, but you began to remember the old days. Your determination was able to ignore Bakugou's outlashes, but Todoroki made your heart soft.

Now you felt like you couldn't communicate with anyone else except for Midoriya and Todoroki.

"Did you... say or do anything to Izuku? He looked pretty gloomy." The other returned his gaze upfront, and scoffed. "I dunno. That's something I should be asking you, huh?"

Your heart dropped.

Awkwardly, your lips curved upwards and you tried to laugh it off. "Y.. Yeah, I guess you're right." The atmosphere was contorted by Bakugou's will, which made it even harder to breathe.

"Oh yeah." He turned, "I don't know what you were trying to do during the fitness test earlier, but I'll need you to stop." The boy grumbled, causing your eyebrow to twitch. "What- It was an accident! Why would I want to topple over you of all people?!"

Bakugou furrowed his eyebrows, and his demeanor suddenly went cold.

"Yeah you're right--, I bet you wanted to flaunt all over that nerd, huh??!"

You staggered back, your tongue being caught between your teeth for a split second. "What are you talking about?! Izuku has nothing to do with this, why are you being such an asshole, Bakugou?!"

Bakugou clenched his fists tightly in fury. He took one large step toward you and lifted you up by the collar, drawing his face closer toward yours.

"Shut up!" Shouted the young man, gazing deeply into your widened pupils. Your hand eventually raised to grasp around his knuckles, unable to contain your trembling. "Let go! You're taking this too far!" The boy huffed, and you could feel his grip loosen while his ruby irises lowered.

You stepped back, and adjusted your wrinkled uniform.

"Tch. Sorry." Bakugou muttered, your lashes fluttering in bewildered remark.

'Did he just say...-'

"What's with that look? Tch, I don't want to see your face anymore." He twirled toward the gates and grouchily stomped out of the area.

You failed to notice the light smirk that replaced your looks. Reluctantly, you followed him. "Hey, let me walk with you!"

You were led with him to the local park, in the area kids played. After quirking a brow, you mischeviously raised your hand to hover over your mouth while snickering.

"I didnt know you were a pedophile.." You gasped near the end, causing Bakugou to roll his eyes toward you. His eyes flared up in anger, and veins were seen engraved onto the side of his forehead.

"Im not a pedophile, you damn extra reject!" He shouted, garnishing everyone nearby's attention. Even the children.

You couldn't help but laugh. "Actually, I'm the protagonist~."

The male quickly brushed things over, not even laying down a spiteful comment to what you had just said. "This is just a shortcut to my house."
Bakugou spoke loosely, while your mischevious demeanor plummeted. You wondered how his house looked like, and how his parents were like.

It must be pretty chatotic in their household, knowing him.

"M..Mooommmmyyy...!"

The both of you stopped and turned your heads. It felt like an instant that you had spotted a lost child crying helplessly under a lamppost. Your eyebrows knitted themselves together as you approached him, emitting a presence full of warmth.

"Are you lost?" You asked, crouching down in front of him with hands placed reasuringly on his shoulders.

The child looked up at you with puffy eyes, his lower lip quivering in desperate need of help. "She.. said.. she'll.. be right back..."

"Did she drop you off here? Or did you run off?"

The boy was unable to respond. It seemed the more he thought about his guardian the more he began to worry. "I.. I-" You could somewhat relate, and slithered your hands to grasp the little boy's hand. "We'll help you find her, right Bakugou?" As his name was mentioned, the other snapped out of his ponderous gaze.

"Wait, we?" Bakugou asked sternly, causing the little boy to flinch. His eyes began to fill of tears, and his finger raised to point toward the angsty teen.

"..H-He's... scary!!"

"What'd you say you little punk??!"

The three of you strolled down the sidewalk, your right hand holding the child's while Bakugou did the same with his left hand. You took note that the young boy clalmed down more than you had expected. All he needed was two firm hands to hold.

Bakugou kept quiet most of the time. You figured it was because of the fact he had to hold a child's hand unwillingly.

"Kou? Kou dear...!"

Up ahead, the three of you noticed a worried older woman running your way, her arms departing. The child in between the two of you released your hands without warning, and scampered toward the loving arms of his mother.

After a warm, tight hug, the woman diverted her eyes up toward you and Bakugou. "Thank you." She then bowed, a grateful smile gracing her features. "I'm so very glad that you two found my son, I am in your debt."

You shook your head. "It was nothing, so no need to- Actually, there is something.." The woman looked at you with curious eyes as you approached.

You crouched down in front of the boy named Kou, and leaned in to whisper. "I want you to do me a big favor, and keep your mom safe, don't make her worry like that again okay?" Kou's eyes widened and he nodded, watching you lay your hand on his head.

Gently, you ruffled his brown hair, right before standing. "You're a big boy, don't let me down now." Kou's mother cupped her hand around her mouth, and tried to mutter towards you.

"I hope you dont mind me asking but, are you and that young man dating?"

Her question made your cheeks flush, which you presumed to be out of embarrassment. "Ah-! No!"

But your heart spoke otherwise.

[Chapter END]