( Unraveled )

"Good Morning, everyone!" You perkily entered the classroom, shutting your eyes while raising your hand. A lot of people greeted you back, and you approached your seat calmly while Midoriya followed you closely behind.

His eyes wandered to the corner of the room, staring daggers at Todoroki, with a rather blatant and unfriendly look.

'I nearly forgot...'

"Good Morning class."

"Morning, Mr. Aizawa!"

He lifted up his clipboard and took attendance, a small box in the corner recognized what they'd be doing today. "Kirishima's here.. Uh, anyone seen Kaminari?"

Everyone began peering, meanwhile Midoriya sat still, his hands on his lap. Aizawa lowered the board, and landed his eyes onto the anxious young boy. "Midoriya. Something wrong?" He asked, his pitch raising in slight curiosity.

He shook his head. "I-It's nothing.." The adult got the gesture that he knew something, but figured that Kaminari might've been out sick.

"I'll leave it as that for now."

Relief coiled down to Midoriya's spine, and he laid his head gently against his desk. 'It all felt like a dream.. thats how out of it I was..'

"Now that attendance is done, we'll be heading outside to test the specific qualities of your quirks. We'll be performing hurdles, ball throws, running, etc. The men will change in the next room over, ladies will get dressed in here."

Aizawa lifted up a remote and pressed a bright green button, causing various aisles of cases with assigned numbers embroidered onto it to remove themselves from the shelves.

"Your hero costumes will arrive in a week or so, just wear your gym uniforms."

Everyone stood up, pumped to show off their powerful quirks, while you on the other hand, became nervous. Your quirk wasn't well fitted for offense, it was just there, in its own category. Honestly, it's like being quirkless.

After everyone had gotten dressed, you stood in a group with Īida and Uraraka. It wasn't long before a former quirkless boy had approached. "Wow, the field is actually, pretty enormous." Uraraka started, adjusting her shirt nervously.

You nodded in response, and watched as Aizawa stepped onto the grass. You wondered why he's still dressed like that, it was pretty hot out.

"Alright, first we'll start off with sprints. Everyone, feel free to use your quirk while doing so." Everyone cooed, to be expected.

"Hey, U-..Um, [Y/N].." Midoriya grazed your elbow with his own, hitching your attention. He had a low mutter, but you were at least able to hear him. He stood awfully close to you, as if you needed to be protected.

You peered over and tilted back, creating a gap between you two. "Oh.. What is it?"

He ruffled his soft, two-toned hair, disappointed in your retreat. "I was going to tell you that I wish you luck!" His soft smile made your eyes shimmer, and you felt as if his smile enhanced your abnormal quirk.

"Yeah, thank you!"

Mr. Aizawa informed both you and Bakugou that you'll be the ones going before Midoriya and Todoroki. Midoriya had the sense to protest, but didnt want to strike down the shimmering opportunity that he'd be able to witness Todoroki's quirk.

You crouched down and adjusted your shoelaces, meanwhile Bakugou had stood beside you after getting into position.

He stared at you for a second, but you pretended not to notice.

"On your marks, get set... Go!"

Your teacher blew the whistle which startled you, and immediately you darted out onto the track. Bakugou used his explosion quirk to maneuver in mid-air. As he passed by you, you were so occupied about the difference between you both.

He was so strong and could do astounding things, but you only had your inactive quirk.

Feeling your shoelaces brushing against the warm cement, you stubbornly refused to stop and tie them. The gap between you and Bakugou were clearly widening, but yet.. you felt as if he was intentionally slowing down.

You breathed heavily, and just as you were inches away from him, you tripped over your loose shoelace and toppled to earth. Your face pushed against Bakugou's back in the midst of this, and the the both of you eventually landed.

You winced, feeling your knee stinging in response to the accident. And as you opened your eyes, you noticed that you were on top of Bakugou himself. His ruby irises were clearly shocked, and at the moment you couldn't move. The two of you were uncomfortable, and you squirmed in uneasiness, as it grew midly awkward.

Meanwhile on the left of you, your classmates gasped and stared in concern. Aizawa approached, and calmly evaluated the sitution.

"Are the two of you hurt?" He asked, extending his scarf-bandage-things to wrap around your wrist. He pulled you gently to your feet while you nodded. "I skinned my knee.."

There wasn't much remark coming out of Aizawa or Bakugou. He remained on the ground while Aizawa sighed. "Its not too bad.. what about you, Bakugou?" The scarves around your wrist unraveled, and the teacher proceeded to help lift Bakugou up.

"I'm fine.." He replied in a low mutter, and turned away from the two of you to walk back toward the interested crowd.

Midoriya on the other hand went toward you in concern, and knitted his eyebrows together.
"[Y/N]! I'll take you to Recovery Girl.. Here, you can place your arm aro-"

"That won't be needed, Midoriya. I'll have Todoroki escort her. Don't take it personally." Both the boy in the background(Todoroki) and Bakugou flinched.

"Why me?.."

"Because you're mature and know how to remain focused. Unlike those two."

You stood there staring at the ground, flashing back to what happened seconds ago. If that never had happened, would you feel humiliated by the fact that you lost?

You bit down on your lower lip, and felt a pat on your shoulder. "Come on, [L/N]. Can you walk? Or should I carry you again?"

You've always been a selfish person. And so, you took advantage by the fact you're slightly crippled and injured. "Oh, sure..!"

As you and Todoroki left into the building, Aizawa froze, and placed his hand on his chin.

'I did say Midoriya and Todoroki were going next, didn't I...'

[Chapter END]