( Last Breath )

'Am I really being followed?..'

Uneasiness lingered about the atmosphere, and yet Kaminari knew to remain calm in these sort of situations. 'I'll lure them into that warehouse my dad owns.'

He took a sharp left and fled toward the metallic rusty doors, and before he could successfully pull them open, he felt a sharp and agonizing pain emitting from the back of his left leg.

Blood tricked down, and Kaminari fell down onto one knee, wondering what had just happened. 'What was that?! Did a bullet just hit my leg??' The splatter of blood became one distorted puddle, and as his eyes focused in the center of it, he noticed a small rock.

'What the-?'

Another one came his way, this time more quickly. It dug deeply into his right shoulder pad. Kaminari's eyes settled onto the bushes, as he yelped in pain.

'I...I saw it. Green sparks!'

He noticed it again, and widened his eyes. Out of slight reflex, he dived right, and luckily, the rock zipped right by him and practically welded into the door.

Moving like this caused him to wince, he also had no idea how to stop the bleeding gushing from the recent injuries he acquired.

"Come out whoever you are! Be a man and face me head on!" Kaminari stood to his feet slowly, his left hand tightly clenching his shoulder. 'Damn it!'

The bushes ruffled, causing him to stagger back into the facade of the warehouse. Eventually, he spotted a figure walking out of the narrow forestry, an metallic object could be heard being dragged behind the obscure figure.

It all became too vivid;

"Mi..Midoriya?" Kaminari's eyes narrowed as he continued hearing that irritating noise. His eyes took time to focus, soon enough they widened in denial and horror.

An axe, dreadfully lifted from the ground.

Kaminari tried to adjust to the pain, moving his arm in desperation to protect himself with his quirk.
"..What's wrong?? Why aren't you talking? Aren't we.. classmates... friends?"

Midoriya raised his head, the majority of his forelocks covered one of his dimmed eyes, while the other stared unforgivably into his adversary's, who ought to be paralyzed in fear.

"..What's there to say?"

Eventually, he made his way toward him, sparks emitting from his arm wielding the weapon.

"..You crazy sonofabitch.." Kaminari discarded the pain he had felt, and he lifted his fingertips to snap.

"Don't even think about it. You're unable to withstand this pain you are in, which means you won't use your quirk. By the way, I'm wearing a electricity-resistant jacket." Midoriya told him lowly, noticing tears in defeat dwell up in Kaminari's eye sockets.

"How did you know?.. I..I didn't even tell you what my quirk was..."

The blade-weilding young boy took one large step and swung horizontally. Kaminari ducked, a few strands of his top hairs were cut off in the midst of his actions. "Answer me!"

"I didn't think you'd dodge that.." He muttered, hearing the terrified other shoot away from him. Midoriya placed a foot on the metal rusted wall. He tugged once, and the axe departed from the facade.

"But to answer your question, your hair gave it all away, and in case you didn't notice ... I'm one for info." His eyes then lowered.

Midoriya clenched the handles of the axe, and returned his cruel eyes back up toward Kaminari. "I bet.. you had so much fun rubbing in the fact that you went out on a 'date' with [L/N]!"

Kaminari had no response to this. What was he going on about? He didn't care at this point, all he wanted to do now was escape.

"..Just what exactly do you want from me?" There was a hint of confusion in his quivering tone. Meanwhile Midoriya was no longer hesitant, as it was unable to notice earlier. He gritted his teeth, and pushed his foot against his bleeding shoulder.

"I want.."

Kaminari screamed, and closed his eyes. His body was growing cold but he refused to let up. Raising his hands, he tried to remove his foot from sinking any further, while electric sparks were beginning to erupt from his body. "S..St..op!"

The boy with unkept hair attempted to force upon the defenseless boy yet another swing. It landed, and deeply grazed his neck. Blood spurted out from his mouth and from the wound. In an instant, Kaminari's eyes became sullen and ceased from life.

"I want.. you to die!"

Midoriya heard him try to speak once more, his hands moving from his foot and wrapped around the brim of his neck to stop the bleeding. There was this strange.. unsatisfied feeling the murderer had felt. And in order to fulfill it, repeated slashes could be heard.

"This... is what you deserve..!"

Kaminari's body grew limp, and his arms fell to his side. Clear despair would be written onto his face, and Midoriya took a minute to realize what he's done. He instantly released the Axe and covered his mouth, holding back the urge to throw up as well as shed tears.

"..I just murdered someone! This is bad, what do I do?!" His heart ran on a treadmill, while his eyes laid regrettably on the corpse he created. He was so driven by anger, it hadn't even grazed him that what he was doing is just as bad as acting as a Villain. Until now.

The young boy shook his head and forced himself to calm down. He checked his clothing, there wasn't any noticeable blood streaks on him to say the least. It didn't take long for him to recall why he did this. Those thoughts of mild concern vanished, as he concluded that what he did was truly worth it. Midoriya wiped his eyes, forcing a small smile.

"Calm down! I..I did this for [L/N]."

He crouched down in front of Kaminari and cringed in disgust, while his stomach twirled in knots.

'From that day forward..'

Midoriya heaved the corpse over his shoulders, and took heavy steps toward the forest. The more he ventured, the more he began to grow tired. But nonetheless, he continued. The boy soon started to drag the body against the untrimmed grassy terrain, sweat trickling down his face.

'I was well aware that I was no longer a hero.'

"There, up ahead!" Midoriya paused after approaching the ditch, and dropped Kaminari's body. He pressed his foot against him, soon to shove him into the seemingly-bottemless pit.

After wiping sweat from his brow, he heard his body hit the steep ground, and pursed his lips. Midoriya felt extremely guilty, but he knew that it'd take time for him to get over it.

He pivoted his heel and discreetly left the area. Once he was in the clear, he grasped onto what little info he had. "So I'll have to deal with Todoroki next, but he seems strong enough to fight back.." He tapped his chin, while taking light steps against the sidewalks.

"And I can't use One For All in One on One combat, I can barely even control it at its fullest capacity.. Luckily back there, one percent was enough to hurt Kaminari.." Midoriya peered upwards, toward his apartment building.

"I need more information on Todoroki.. so I'll need to be patient until I get rid of him."

The boy lightly unlocked the door and took off his shoes. A warm smile engrossed his lips.

"Mom, I'm home!"

[Chapter END]