( Prologue )

'I'm not stalking,

...

Only admiring from a distance.'

A rather scrawny-looking young boy stood behind a facade nearest to him, while his round green orbs landed upon you. He trembled nervously, as anxiousness accompanied him. His messy, dark green hair combined with dark shadows danced as the wind swayed it gently. Izuku Midoriya, is the name. He's not very popular, and is always seen being bothered by Katsuki Bakugou all the time.

Your [H/L], [H/C] hair, and [E/C] eyes, garnished his attention feverishly. However, he wasn't the only one who spots you often. You were the type of person who garnished the attention of many. All because of your quirk;

Luck.

Your quirk is just as it sounds; simply luck. You have too much of it. It's almost scary. With the daily good occurrences happening every day, it struck you that your quirk was not only a quirk that discards Karma, but a useless one too. I mean come on, others have way more better quirks than you! What makes luck so special?

You sigh deeply as you entered Aldera Junior High. Summer was right around the corner and you've been eagerly waiting for the entrance exams for U.A High. Your dream of becoming an actual pro hero lead you on, which is why you're still roaming these halls today, despite frequent obnoxious behavior.

The bell had rung for class not after long, and you quickly rushed to class in high hopes Bakugou wouldn't use your desk as a footstool again. You entered the classroom and felt relief coil down to your spine—no one's in here at the moment, lucky you.

"Maybe it's my luck helping me out again.." You muttered, plopping down into your seat. As you materialized your things, you couldn't help but peer up toward the door.

Someone was watching.

"Hello?" You called. Whoever it was, let's hope they'd have the decency to come in and reveal themselves.

Before you had proceeded to what you were doing, you could hear the door slide open minutes later.

"..U...Um... Good morning.." The small boy whispered, diverting his gaze from you out of awkward remark. As you laid your pencil down on the desk, a small smile crept upon your face. "Morning." You knew this kid; the quirkless boy whose often taunted. By Bakugou, at that. So why not be nice?

Midoriya took slow steps inside and eventually made it to his seat behind you.

There was an eerie noise from his chair that somewhat startled him. His head perked up, meanwhile yours were narrowed toward your desk, trying to cram in at least a douse of homework before classes had began.

'I can feel him staring at the back of my head..' You thought, resting your pencil once more against your desk.
Oh, right. Midoriya signed up to partake in the U.A entrance exams right? But why? Curiosity lead you on.

"Hey, Midoriya." You started, turning around to face him while tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. Eventually, Midoriya was able to muster a bit of courage to the surface, looking up at you.

"..H.. Huh?"

"You've signed up for U.A, right?"

He nodded.

"Aren't you quirkless?"

You could see his reluctance, as well as doubt in those glistening eyes of his. They narrowed, while he clutched onto the sleeve of his blazer. "...Y.. Yeah. I am." Midoriya spoke sternly. There wasn't much shyness in his tone so it wasn't very reassuring. Was he telling the truth?

"Well.. okay." You replied turning back around at the sound of the bell. Sliding your homework to the left, you could hear stomping from the end of the hall, soon inevitably reaching your classroom. "DEKU!" The boy behind you squeaked, and sunk in his chair. There wasn't much comprehension needed to figure out why Bakugou was getting angry again.

He made his way to your aisle, his eyebrows curling in mild irritation. "I heard you were going to U.A, We made it clear that only I will be going there!" Oh, come on, this infamous young boy will scream your ears out. It seems he was oblivious by the fact that you, too, were signing up for U.A.

However, something about Midoriya's defenseless and afraid demeanor made you tick. You closed your eyes and stood up from your seat and gripped onto the other with pale blond hairs' sleeve. He stopped midway in his tracks, while removing his harsh gaze from Midoriya over to you.

"It's not a competition. Learn to grow up Katsuki Bakugou." Bakugou's ruby red eyes engrossed in irritation could make anyone flinch. But not you, you were fed up with this boy.

Yanking his arm away, you could hear Bakugou sneer under his breath, soon proceeding to his seat. Midoriya stared at the back of your head, his eyes filled with passion and appreciation. And before you sat down, you could feel a pick at your hair. "Ow!" You jumped, turning around.

Midoriya was working quietly, on what it looked to be—homework. He could feel your stare and squirmed while his face began to grow red.

'Huh..' You thought, shifting back forward.

Once you diverted your gaze and turned around, Midoriya smiled faintly while below his desk, he pinched a strand of your [H/C] hair in between his fingertips.

'Thank you..'

[Prologue END]