For Old Time's Sake part 1 Of 3

"Gary, what's going on, man?" greeted Robin.

"Gary, oh my gosh, when did you get here? Finding out secret info on raising Pokemon before the rest of us? Huh? Huh?" accused Aly.

"Garyyyyyy!!" squealed Kiwi.

"Hey Kiwi, Aly, Robin!" I said as I moved towards them to hug Kiwi and Aly, then proceeded to squeeze the life out of Robin's hand in a firm shake as he attempted the same to me.

Prof. Oak revealed the Pokemon, Charmander.

"Yes! Charmander!" I exclaimed, smiling.

"Pidgey, Heat Wave!" Prof. Oak instructed the peculiar Starter, Pidgey. "This little guy learned the move from someone I know over in the Unova region."

Pidgey flew from Prof. Oak's shoulder to Kiwi's and nuzzled its head on her cheek.

"Awww! Que cute!" Kiwi petted it and took the Poke Ball from Prof. Oak.

*

A Mankey came swinging through the trees.

Charmander watched him and then gave chase, spitting flames after him.

I threw my Poke Ball as hard as I could at Mankey.

The Poke Ball opened and Mankey was pulled in by the red beam.

PING!

"YES! I caught a Mankey!" I cried happily.

A group of furious Mankey surrounded me. They were on me in an instant, beating me continuously. Their claws, fists, and feet were pounding away at me relentlessly.

*

"Pokemon are a hazard to the world," a man said seriously to Nurse Joy. "Do you know how many Pokemon Trainers die a year on these dangerous journeys? And how many of them are just children?!"

*

Squirtle looked to me and smiled. She ran past my Charmeleon and right up to me, reaching up with her hands like she wanted to be picked up!

"Awww!" I couldn't help it and I lifted her.

"Squirtle, hit that thing with Water Gun!" Robin demanded.

Squirtle waited for a moment before she sent out a very feeble Water Gun attack at Charmeleon.

Charmeleon just stood there as the water hit his stomach lightly.

"Squirtle, finish that thing with a Water Gun!"

Squirtle didn't move.

"It looks like Squirtle and that Trainer over there with the Charmeleon have a closer bond than the Squirtle has with her owner," a voice said from out of nowhere. "My name is June. I'm the Gym Leader of Gringey City. It's a pleasure to meet you." She smiled brightly and brushed her red hair out of her face and extended her hand to me.

*

"You are mine," Sabrina said, floating stationary in the air, staring down at us all as Haunter got too close for comfort.

"Go get him, Pidgeotto!" Kiwi yelled as she raised her Poke Ball to toss it.

Sabrina's eyes flashed white for an instant and the Poke Ball in Kiwi's hand turned into a cloud of dust.