Of Splicing Men Part 1 Of 2

"I'm telling you, you're gonna looove Burgh. I promise," Kai told June's Galvantula excitedly, her own Galvantula standing close to June's. "Some say he's a bit strange, but in reality, he's a total sweetheart and absolutely adores Bug types! I pretty much idolize him. I've never seen his butt, though. I'm pretty sure it can't compare with Emmet's, though. Emmet is soooooo cool. Like, oh my gosh, you can't even understand how he, like, mmmmmmm!!!!" She let out a bizarre squeal as she raised her arms and brought them tightly together in front of her, shaking her head excitedly. "Emmet also has an adorable brother, Ingo! But Emmet is just too super kawaii! We absolutely have to meet them both! But after Burgh! I want to meet Burgh, and all of his Pokemon, and absorb his body. 'Kay bye." Kai picked up her pace and walked ahead of the two Bug Pokemon.

The two Galvantula turned to each other and then moved quickly to keep up with Kai.

I turned to June, who was by my side.

June looked to me and shrugged her shoulders.

I wasn't eager to catch up with Kai and those two disgusting insects that were following her, but June jogged after Kai, and I picked up my pace very slightly.

It was the day after we had met Kai. She had talked nonstop to June and I back at the Pokemon Center. That was, until June and I got back our Pokemon. She insisted on seeing June's Bug and Ghost types, so June sent out her Galvantula and Rotom. Kai let out an explosive, joyful scream and she wrapped her arms around Galvantula. On her knees, she spoke to Galvantula eagerly, praising her, noting how well taken care of she looked, how bright the colors on her body were, and how healthy she appeared.

Galvantula enjoyed the attention and seemed to maneuver in a happy manner.

Kai got up and went over to Rotom, bouncing around it in circles, gaping at it with an enormous smile on her face. She spoke on how spooky and yet adorable Rotom looked, and asked June how she had caught it. Before June could answer, Kai was talking up a storm again to Rotom.

Even Rotom seemed a little unsettled by this woman's enthusiasm and flew behind June, peeking from behind her head, smiling nervously. June spoke to Rotom, trying to comfort it, and Rotom spoke back, its body sparking, and it gently shocked June with electricity.

June laughed and fell to her knees, her hair standing up high.

Kai watched this scene in awe until Rotom stopped shocking June, and then she curiously walked over to them.

June then explained that she likes when her Pokemon give her a jolt from their electricity, and that her and her Pokemon can communicate with one another.

Kai, stunned by this claim, inquired more about it, and June told her about how she could always speak to Pokemon and hear their words. The Pokemon Ranger then decided to send out a few of her own Pokemon, which included Galvantula, Dunsparce, a Butterfree she bragged to me about owning, reminding me that she didn't have one the last time we had met, and of course, Sewaddle.

June spoke to all of them, engaging in joyful conversation, the seven of them laughing with each other.

Kai watched in admiration.

I had backed up as far as humanly possible, watching the creepy insects from afar.

June and Kai's Galvantula seemed to get along well with each other, staying close by each other's side and glancing at one another on occasion. A spark zapped from both Pokemon every couple of minutes, meeting right above their bodies.

The absurd occasion lasted all night, and eventually, we decided we'd go see Burgh tomorrow.

I didn't sleep well that night. I hadn't intended on meeting Kai ever again for as long as I lived, and yet, somehow, June and I had managed to meet her in Unova. And what's more, she would be following us to meet Burgh. No way are we going to Nimbasa City, I told myself. If this Emmet guy is there, and Kai is going there to meet him, I'm totally not going there.