Scraftyz Wit Attitudes

Melissa's face had looked up into mine, her light blue eyes filled with tears and terror, her hands up by her face that held the look of cornered prey for a ferocious beast.

"You're hurting me! Gary, let go of me! Why are you hurting me?" Melissa had screamed as she struggled to break free from my hold.

I hadn't even been holding her that tightly, and yet she was screaming as if I were beating her. Was it all an act to break free from me and run away? Why?

"How surprised are you to see her, Gary? How excited do you feel? Are you even aware enough to answer accurately? Are you able to tell how that is transcending in how you are grabbing and shaking and throwing people around right now? Huh?? Well, Gary?! Answer me!!"

June's words had reminded me that I may have been gripping my sister tighter than I had been aware at the time. Maybe I was hurting her.

That still didn't explain why she had run away from me in the first place.

And, what made Melissa freak out and run away from us the last time before she escaped from me?

"When we found you, you were surrounded by a few people," June had said. "I was kind of wondering if you knew who they were. Why were they with you? What were they doing to you?"

June's questions had resulted in Melissa, who had been calmed and was willingly walking with us towards Mistralton City for medical attention, to start screaming and run away from us.

But, why?

What happened to Melissa in the past three years? What happened to all of her Pokemon? Why was she in Unova? Who were those people who had Melissa on the ground? What were they doing to her? Why did she run away from me? Why?

I'd freaking found her!!

June hadn't spoken a word since yesterday, and we were now walking through the wide path of one of the landings on a mountain.

I was furious at June, and if she had dared to open her mouth to talk to me, I felt like I might have exploded, so I was glad she hadn't spoken in a while. I kind of blamed her for Melissa's disappearance, since it was her words that had seemed to scare off my sister.

But what was it about her words that made Melissa react like that?

I let out my breath silently through my nostrils and closed my eyes, confusion filling my head, depression gripping my body, the desire to give up on everything I had going for me, increasing. What did I really have to live for, anyway? My own sister wasn't even happy to see me. The memories of her running away from me cut deep, but I didn't stop dwelling on them. The pain that was slicing at my heart felt good in a sort of masochistic way, and I reveled in the pain I was giving myself. It was a mental pain that transcended beyond that, into the physical, my heart throbbing badly, and I could feel my body twitch roughly against the emotions that thrived within me. Melissa... I thought mournfully, hot tears burning into my eyelids. I found you, and yet, I've learned absolutely nothing. Was it worth it? I wondered. Yes, I found her, but was this what I wanted? Was it not better to have not found her at all than to have found her in this state, looking so unwell, confused as to her own whereabouts and past? What were those red spots on her face? Why was she bleeding all of a sudden? Was this what I've been seeking all this time? Maybe this wasn't what I wanted, but is it not what I wished for?

Large boulders ahead of June and I sat around on the ground, some taller than us even if we were standing on each other's shoulders, while other boulders only reached up to my knees, the rest of the sizes differing.

We silently neared them, my eyes on the ground, Melissa being the only thing on my mind. I'll never find her again, I told myself. This opportunity will never arrive a second time. This was a once in a lifetime chance. How did she get away from me? Is she okay? No, she isn't. She's hungry and alone and terrified. I swallowed hard. My mommy. How will I ever be able to tell her that I found her only daughter and then lost her before the day was over? How can I ever face my mom again? Light mumbles reached my ears, but I didn't pay any attention to them, acknowledging them in my head for only a second before my thoughts returned back to Melissa and my mom. I found her daughter, I thought. I found her, and then I lost her. I didn't even chase after her until it was too late. I'm an idiot. What is wrong with me? Why didn't I run after her? She was bleeding! All the more reason to make sure I remained by her side and got her some medical attention! Damn it! Murmurs and low cries from around me reached my ears again.