For Old Time's Sake Part 3 Of 3

"Tepig!" Tepig cried out, eyes wide, and he ran forward, charging at Snivy.

"Snivy!" Snivy glared at Tepig as her eyes glowed red.

Tepig skid to a stop and stared at Snivy in fear.

"Tepig! What's wrong?" Trixa uttered in shock.

"Use Leer again!" Ella demanded.

Snivy took a determined step forward, her eyes still glowing red, and Tepig grunted frantically, backing up several feet, a terrified look on his face.

"Again!" Ella continued.

"Tepig! What's going on?" Trixa pleaded. "Don't be afraid! Please! I don't understand!"

Snivy advanced on Tepig, and Tepig was running backwards until he ran into Trixa's feet, scared of Snivy.

Trixa knelt down and gripped Tepig in her hands from behind. "Tepig! What's going on? Is Leer like Psychic attack? Is it forcing you back? Is it taking control of your body's movements??"

"No!" Prof. Juniper called out.

We all turned to the professor.

"Leer lowers the Defense of the opponent, making Physical moves hurt more. It gives the opponent an intimidating stare and sometimes causes a fearful reaction."

"Is that all?" Trixa smiled down to her Tepig. "Come on, Tepig! Don't be so scared! Go!" She gave Tepig a happy shove forward and Tepig stumbled into Snivy.

Tepig was now on top of Snivy, Snivy struggling to get out from under Tepig before finally shoving him off of her.

"Snivy!" Snivy stood up and dusted herself off, frowning.

Tepig got up and let out a snort of fire from his nostrils.

"Tepig! Fight back with Flamethrower, now!" Trixa ordered.

Tepig squealed loudly and glared furiously at Snivy, but he didn't attack.

"Flamethrower?" I muttered.

"What's wrong now?" Trixa cried out desperately.

Ella pulled out her Pokedex and stared at it.

"Tepig is too young to know how to use that move, Trixa," Prof. Juniper explained.

"Oh, just great!" Trixa wailed with disappointment, dropping to her knees.

"Snivy, use Tackle!" Ella said, looking up from her Pokedex.

"Snivy!" Snivy moved in a flash, tackling Tepig.

Tepig grunted in pain and bounced along the ground.

"Tepig! No! Are you okay?" Trixa asked with worry as she stood back up.

"Finish it off with your Vine Whip attack!"

Vines rose from Snivy's shoulders and flew out at Tepig, who was struggling to get up.

"Tepiiiig!" Trixa screamed, covering her eyes.

"Tepig!" Tepig stood up and with a squeal, leaped over the vines.

"Hey! Why can your Snivy do its type move, but not mine?" Trixa questioned.

"Flamethrower is a more advanced move than the basic Vine Whip, Trixa," Ella said, crossing her arms impatiently. "These Pokemon aren't that high leveled yet!"

"Well, that's not fair!" Trixa said angrily. "Tepig, use Fire Blast!"

I lost my balance and fell to the ground. "Is she serious right now?"