Dana Diagnostics

"Pidove, use Quick Attack! Drilbur, Dig!" I ordered.

"Piiidoooooove!" Pidove flew quickly at Drilbur, right into his stomach, knocking him over to the ground.

"Dril!" Drilbur leaped to his feet and dug underground, his claws tearing through the sand.

The ground began to shake hard.

"Fly, Pidove! Get out of the way!" I shouted.

Pidove looked around, standing still on the ground, but he didn't move.

"Pidove! I said to move it!!" I yelled.

Drilbur burst from the ground and hit Pidove with a sharp punch directly under his beak.

Pidove cried out in shock as he tumbled through the air and then came back down.

"Pidove!" I cried angrily. "I can't have you being forgetful at crucial moments like that!"

Drilbur looked at Pidove as Pidove shook his head and then looked towards me sadly.

Sighing, I gazed at Pidove with exasperation.

Elgyem was sitting on my right shoulder, watching Pidove and Drilbur battle.

Cottonee hovered over my head, watching the fight.

Tympole was smiling in the water, watching the battle, June petting his head as she sat on the shore, watching as well. They seemed to be getting along really well. June was very happy around Tympole, and as soon as I sent him out, she walked over to him and apologized for her eagerness to capture him before, offering to be friends. Tympole eagerly agreed, shaking hard in the water, causing a series of ripples to spread out through it, and June picked him up, embracing him in a hug. She stayed with him by the shore, the both of them conversing while they watched me and my Pokemon train.

Tympole seemed to get excited by something June said and he started to vibrate in the water, causing ripples on the surface.

June laughed as she was accidentally sprayed lightly by the water.

Darumaka was in his Poke Ball. He had been watching the training, but continued to interrupt the battle by using Flare Blitz on the two battling Pokemon. His attacks had missed the two times he tried, and then he'd run like mad around me, and sometimes would encircle Pidove and Drilbur while they were fighting. He ignored my constant demands to relax and sit down, so, having had enough, I returned him to his Poke Ball.

Captain Billy stood in his boat, looking out at the sea, showing no interest in the training session I was putting my Pokemon through.

The sun was high up, reflected beautifully in the blue water beneath it.

"Pidove, come on back for now," I instructed. "Elgyem, you're up next."

Elgyem rose from my shoulder, keeping his eyes on Pidove as he flew over and landed on my left shoulder, a sad look on his face.

I pet the tiny pigeon's head gently and smiled. "We'll get over this hump. Don't feel too bad. I suppose you can't help it."

"Piii..." Pidove didn't look any happier, even while I continued to pet his back.

"Pidove..." I said softly, starting to feel bad. Sighing, I turned towards Drilbur and Elgyem.

Drilbur looked back at me silently.

"Elgyem!" I said in shock as I realized he was still hovering above my right shoulder, his eyes glued to Pidove. "Elgyem?" I asked slowly, feeling a little nervous about the blank look in his eyes as he continued to stare at Pidove.